43 The Truth?

Part 43 

Khushi hugged Payal cheerfully.

Khushi: You are looking stunning Payal...

Payal: Not more than you...

Khushi's sight fell on the bookshelf and especially on the particular "cookery book".

Khushi (Taking it from the shelf): I got my "assets" back...

Payal (chuckled and joined her hands): Matha parameshwari... Take it.

Khushi kept it in her hand bag smilingly. Spurthi rushed to Payal's room.

Spurthi (nervously): Khushi....

Khushi: What happened Spurthi?

Spurthi: Payal's Badima is serious... She is suffocating to breathe...

Payal and Khushi ran to her room where everyone was being gathered. Payal reached her bed and held her hand...

Payal: Badima...

Payal's Badima tried to say something, but nothing came out of her throat. At the same time, Doctor got inside the room.

Doctor: All of you... please wait outside. Let me check.

Everyone despatched from the room silently, except Payal and her Mother. After finished examining, Doctor gestured them to come out.

Seeing Payal and her mother coming with the Doctor, everyone surrounded them to know Payal's Badima's condition.

Doctor: It's a mild heart attack. It's because, extreme level of happiness. As she is already very weak, I can't say anything for as of now.

Koyal: what do you mean Doctor?

Doctor: Her heartbeat goes low. She can't even stand for surgery....

He stopped hesitating to say further.

Payal cried hugging her mother while Khushi caressed her back sadly.

Koyal: She wanted to see my daughter's marriage Doctor. That's why, we arranged her marriage so earlier to make her happy. But I didn't think, this happiness lead her to this condition.

Doctor: If that's what her last wish, do it as soon as possible. Either it may cure her or her last wish will be fulfilled.

Koyal looked at Manorama with overflowing eyes.

Manorama: What about tomorrow?

Koyal (shockingly): you mean?

Manorama: Tomorrow is also a "Sub Moorath"(good day) . We can perform the marriage tomorrow if you are ready.

Koyal: Are you sure Manoramaji?

Mano: yes Koyalji. These rituals are made by people, to keep people together. We can change it, according to our comfort. When it comes to satisfying a SOUL; who is counting her last days, there is nothing to think more, other than her.