Chapter 3: Tales of war, intimacy and misplaced faith.

"So there I was, surrounded by Vikings and Samurai alike both killing each other over who got to kill me." (Y/n) said sitting on the log opposite to where Holden, The Warden, and Stone sat.

"What did ya do?" Stone asked interested.

"I left, didn't know who won. Didn't really care I had a job to do. More vikings were trying to routes us, and I needed to help the civilians evacuate. The Samurai were actually also planning to attack the town it was a matter of mistaken confrontation." (Y/n) answered 

"So did you save all the Civilains?" The Warden asked suprised by the vast battle in the tale.

"We did, our army escorted the civilains out of the town limits and returned to the town with a strong invasion force to find the town at war. The Vikings and Samurai were both starving and barely able to fight each other. We were able to eradicate both forces and take the town back successfully."

"A very courageous tale (Y/n). Your valor should have been commended." Apollyon interrupted from behind the campfire as she observed from the background two guards standing on either side of her.

"Perhaps, but we had more important things to worry about, the Civilians needed saving. They were more important." 

Apollyon hummed in interest as she thought about (Y/n)'s courage in battle. The Warden and (Y/n) had an obviously quickly formed friendship. Compared to his relationship with the rest of her warriors and herself.

She would be lying to herself if she said she wasn't a little jealous.

"Apollyon." (Y/n) said stopping her train of thought.

"Yes. My Wolf?"

Frowning at his nickname. He continued.

"We all told some combat stories. You got any stories you wanna share? Or are you just going to stand there and eavesdrop." (Y/n) said bluntly. Making the two guards on either side of Apollyon look at each other in suprise and nervousness.

"None that would seem as honorable as yours." Apollyon responded as she turned and went to ask for a quick report from a camp next to them.

As Apollyon walked away and out of earshot Holden turned to (Y/n).

"(Y/n). You are the only person here that has talked back to Apollyon and not been stabbed, you realize that right?" 

"So? She is a cruel women someone must stand up to her methods."

"Yes, but she excuses your anger and hostility, did you ever wonder why? At all?" Stone asked too, agreeing with Holden.

"What methods-" The Warden was about to ask.

"Well perhaps its because she does not care?" (Y/n) responded interrupting The Warden.

Holden was about to say something when they all went rigid and stared at something behind (Y/n).

He was about to ask what when a pair of hands were set on his shoulders as someone whispered something into his ear.

"Or maybe its because I do care." Apollyon whispered in his ear wuth a sultry voice.

(Y/n) then went rigid aswell making Apollyon chuckle as she stood up and walked past her shocked warriors. And stood where she originally stood before she left, an amused smirk was hidden by her helmet while she watched her soldiers try to shrug off the awkward moment. 

(Y/n) coughed as he looked down at the fire contemplating what Apollyon meant by that. Hearing footsteps grow closer he turned to see Mercy walking up to the group.