Chapter 7: Friends old and new.

Deep in the woods, An eagle soared and weaved through trees looking for a place to rest and guard, eyes scanning wearily for any danger as it descended into the trees and rested on a stump at the base of a hill which was cleared of trees above it letting in sunlight down on the stump.

The Eagle looked on into the darker forest watching it's surroundings as it rested. 

Quietly a dark shadow stalked near, focused on the Eagle which was facing a different direction. 

Slowly the wolf stalked closer.

It crept up the hill it's dark fur hiding it in the darkness

It came closer to the Eagle and jumped forward growling.

The eagle shrieked as it jumped off the stump flying up only to have a few feather bit holding it back. The Eagle let out another shriek and flew forward loosing a few feather's as it escaped the wolf's grasp and flew into the trees the wolf gave chase. 

The Eagle soared between trees as it flew from the Wolf who ran under it watching the Eagle with fascination and interest. The Eagle flew into a giant oak and perched itself on a branch watching the Wolf run up to the tree and silently stared up at it. 

The Eagle shrieked at it and turned it head to the side looking down at the Wolf with weary interest. The wolf let out a snarl making then eagle fly onto its nest forgetting the Wolf's presence. Unbeknownst to the Eagle the Wolf looked up at the nest for a moment whined and laid down at the bottom of the tree watching the nest, interest unwavering.

The Eagle watched the Wolf throughout the night it never leaving until the early morning it silently walked off. An hour later it returned carrying a dead rabbit in it's mouth and took up its spot at the bottom of the tree and silently ate it's breakfast. As it ate it watched The Eagle fly off to a nearby river skim over the water and snatch up a trout from the water and fly back to its nest.

The Eagle ate through half of the Trout then looked down at the Wolf which offered to the Eagle half its rabbit in exchange for the half of the Trout.