Chapter Twenty One

Word Count: 1572

~Abella

I have a way of making Noah vulnerable.

It's probably my worst idea yet, however, it's worth a shot. Not to mention, it's a question that's been dwelling on my mind since the moment it happened, disturbing me consistently. I'm hoping this might link to Cian, giving me some answers. Neither of them so far have been able to give me a sliver of information, which means I'll just have to be more creative in getting it out of them.

"Can I ask you something. You have to promise not to be mad," I say softly. Noah glances up at me from where he was serving himself food. He raises a questioning eyebrow. He touchy now, skeptical of my true intention for being here.

"Go ahead," he murmurs.

"I know I shouldn't have done this, but I came over yesterday and I went into your office looking for you, and I found these..." I tell him, reaching into my back pocket to where the drawings I found are neatly folded into a square. I lay them out neatly on the surface of the table, turning it around it face him. "Really disturbing drawings."

Noah doesn't react, staring down at each drawing with a slight crease between his eyebrows. Now I've done it. I've stepped over the line, I'm going to lose my job and the chance at another friend other than Sam. Not to mention, I'll be on an Alphas bad side.

"Oh..." he replies.

"I know it was none of my business but they were strewn everywhere and they really got to me for some reason. You can tell me I'm crazy and hate me for taking these," I tell him all in one breathe, realising how insane I must be. I broke into his home and took his property without him knowing. He has every reason to not like me after this.

"You're not crazy," he admits, pushing his plate away. His eyes are on me, but it's as if he is looking straight through me. Clearly he's deep in thought, meaning these have a lot of background behind them. Guilt suddenly streams through me as I realise I'm exposing his darkest thoughts, if they even belong to him.

"So what are they? Did you do them?" I ask tentatively, attempting not to cross the line.

He bites the edge of his lip. "Yes, these are mine."

My heart stutters for a moment as I cast my gaze back down to the drawings. They are expressions of pure dark, demented thoughts. The kind, softly spoken Alpha who I may have just met, but already feel like I know so well, could not have done these. I've always assumed there was more to know him, but not something like this. Maybe a family secret or Alpha business...but this?

"Are you okay?" I ask softly. Reaching my hand out to his, trying to grasp it for support, I'm surprised when he pulls away, refusing. I've done it now. I've really stepped on his toes.

He loosens a breath. "Not really. I'm not a good guy."

I'm not sure whether I should be scared or saddened. The silence in the room is heavy, the emptiness of this home adding to my vulnerability. No one is here to save me, not even his assistant. Still, I need to keep pushing, because this may be my only chance to lead him into a situation where he feels willing enough to be honest with me.

"Something else unnerved me. Your assistant acted strange when she caught me in here. She pretended like I hadn't came in, and forced me out. She even told me never to come back," I tell him. Out of all this, that haunted me the most. Why would she possibly say that this isn't the life I want? Was she jealous or serious?

"She was probably right," Noah mutters. He's not looking at me anymore, that emerald gaze I admire so much having lowered to the knotted fingers before him.