Chapter Forty Three

Word Count: 1634

*Stace now has his own story on Radish now. (It will be on Wattpad in the coming weeks) If that interests you, feel free to to check it out, it's called Kissing Danger.*

¬Abella

I shouldn't be surprised as I open my eyes and realise where I am.

Cian has taken me to his personal home in the immortal realm, which is impossible to escape from. The moment he lets go of me, the world coming back in all its shapes and colours, I jump away from him, not stopping my backward steps until I nearly stumble back of his white leather chaise lounge. My thoughts are scattered, the realisation of what he has done hitting me.

He's taken me from the mortal realm, to where he lives, likely to control whether I can leave or not. My heart sinks to its lowest point, knowing it's unlikely I'm going to be getting out of this very easily, considering his state of mine.

However, I never would have guessed he would go to this extreme...I trusted him.

"You can't do this," I tell him uneasily, wishing my voice wasn't so shaky. You don't want to do this.

Cian paces back and forth, the large window behind him showing a world cast in darkness, the moonlight dancing in leaving his figure drenched in shadow. I was anxiously as he rakes his hands through his hair incessantly, the golden roots glowing and glimmering menacingly, a visual show of the power he could use, but doesn't.

"I just need time to think." He mutters, looking over me before wincing, turning back to his pacing. I could approach him, maybe try calm him down, but I'm afraid that in this moment he's going to overreact and do something he will regret.

"You didn't need to take me here. Why don't we head back?" I offer smoothly, hoping that gently coaxing him to return me will be the best way about it.

He doesn't look convinced though, eyes wild and unhinged.

"If I take you back, I'm never going to see you again," he says hoarsely. I realise in that moment that Cian isn't going to hurt me, or do anything unspeakable. He's broken, finding out he is losing an integral part of him because of another male. I can't expect him to take it very well.

Taking a few tentative steps forward, I reach my hands out to him "Don't say that, of course you will."

He lets me grabs ahold of his hands, which feel cold and limp within mine. He looks as though he is on the verge of tears, but refuses to show it in front of me. If I have to watch a powerful immortal break down, all because of me, I'm not sure what I would do.

"I guess I'm just not good enough."

"Let's not be unreasonable," I tell him firmly, shaking his hands to get his attention, however he won't even look at me. He's not thinking or acting like how he usually does, so how can I expect him to be reasonable? I'm just not sure what else to do, or to say. " Let's go back to where we were to talk, I would feel a lot more comfortable."

Finally he looks at me, eyes dark and stirring with frightening, feral emotion. Would this have been how he would act if we had any disagreement in our relationship? I didn't choose Cian to ultimately be the one I wanted as my mate for the rest of my life for a variety of reasons, but should this have been one of them? I knew he was high strung, but this is far more damaging than I would have first thought.

"I could just keep you here. Until I collect my thoughts," he reasons, as if what he is saying is at all rational. I don't let the fact that my stomach is plummeting and twisting uneasily to reach my expression, which I fight to keep impassive.