•Chapter 4•

•Theadora Sanford•

I let the blaring of my alarm clock wake me. It was like any normal day. I wiped my eyes and got out from bed. My heart dropped at the empty room, where Cat was curled into a ball, but Josh was gone. The bandage on his leg was cut off by what looked like a knife, and it was lying inside the room.

I frowned while walking to it. Mama's book was still there, but Josh and his bag were gone. I swallowed a lump in my throat. It was only a matter of time before he left me as well. I shrugged it off, there was no point in trying to make friends. I still had Cat.

I took a shower and checked myself in the mirror and smiled at my reflection. I chuckled a little and walked out of the the bathroom and into my room. I inhaled the delicious scent of meat and my eyes landed on Josh. "Hungry?" He asked.

I examined the meat closely. "What is it?" I asked breaking off a piece.

"Deer meat."

I gasped, "People eat deer?"

"So what? People eat pigs, cow, and chicken. Deer is pretty good." Josh ate the meat. I smelled it again as if it were poisoned. "Come on, there's a first for everything." He nudged my side while wiggling his eyebrows.

I hesitantly took a bite. The flavor instantly exploded in my mouth, and I loved it instantly. "This is delicious!" I moaned grabbing another piece.

• • •

Alpha Alexander and Beta Bryce didn't come down for breakfast, which was odd. But Luna Erica did. She glared at me while sitting down at the table. She was as cruel as Alpha Alexander, and Beta Bryce.

"Good morning," I whispered placing her plate in front of her.

"Shut up!" She snapped. "Get out of here you filthy piece of shit." She growled. I bowed and left. At least she didn't hit me. I made my way upstairs towards the male hallway. It was their laundry day and it was frightening to be in that part of the pack house.

"You!" Gamma Charlie's son, Matthew, waved me over. I rushed towards him.

"Sir?" I asked staring at the ground.

"Can you do me a favor and go upstairs and tell Alpha Alexander that we have more information?" He asked, although it was an order to me. He wasn't mean to me or nice. He was just respectful and never hurt me. His voice was always calm.

"Yes sir." I shuffled away, repeating his words in my head, so that I wouldn't forget. I went up the steps slowly. I hoped that it wasn't a bad time, or they would be very upset with me. I heard shouting the closer I got towards Alpha's office.

"You..... No...... Baby!" I heard Beta Bryce shout, but could only catch some words.

"Don't... First.... Alpha!" Alpha Alexander shouted back at Beta Bryce.

"No choice....give..... Me." Beta Bryce said in a more calm manner. I lightly knocked on the door. Alpha Alexander answered. His black eyes were swimming with small golden flecks, indicating his wolf near to surfacing.

"What?" He snarled at me.

"Future Gamma Matthew said that they have more information." I told him.

"Okay, now go." He slammed the door on my face. They began to talk lowly and I wasn't able to hear. I headed back to the male hall. They weren't swarming everywhere because it was a school day. Most of everyone were at school.

"Hey, Thea, I did the other clothes for you. You don't have to do the laundry today." Matthew said.

I gave him a small nod, "Yes sir. Thank you, sir."