•Chapter 11•

•Theadora Sanford•

"Ahhhh!" A crashing sound was heard. I instantly sat up. Josh was awake before me and he pushed me behind him while glaring at the source of the scream.

"Riley!" I gasped running out of the bed and after her. She ran away using her enhanced speed. "No, Riley! Please stop!" I begged chasing after her.

She stopped and I quickly tried to slow down, and I was able to stop just before I crashed into her. "A rogue!" she hissed.

"I know it looks bad. But-"

"You're sleeping with a rouge. How desperate can you possibly be?" She growled. I was at a loss for words. She thought I was sleeping with Josh? I knew it looked bad. She looked passed me and then glared, "It looks like he needs your company," she snarled storming off. My mouth slowly opened. I'd never seen Riley so upset over anything. Ever.

I didn't bother going after her. She was too fast, anyway. Was this it? Was it the end? Would she tell anyone? I felt a hand on my shoulder. My body reacted differently than usual to his touch. I unconsciously whirled around and hugged him tightly. He hugged back after a few seconds and I closed my eyes. I didn't want them to take Josh away from me. He was my friend. But somehow, I felt something more. After our kiss, I felt connected to him and it wasn't because of the mark.

"Josh," I whispered, "What we have is friendship. Only friendship. Right?" He didn't reply immediately which made me worried.

"Let's go, Thea. You need to get to work," he replied avoiding my question completely. I bit my cheek and we both walked back into the room and avoided the broken plate on the ground. Riley was only bringing me food and she saw Josh. I searched my drawer for a clean dress. Once I discovered one, I pulled it out along with other necessities as Josh opened the window. He let Cat out first before himself.

"You know what to do," he sighed as he stared at me.

I nodded, "Yes si-I mean, yes."

"Thea..." he began. I looked up at him expectantly. After a few more seconds he shook his head and mumbled, "nevermind," and shut the window.

I shook it off and sprayed the perfume all over my room before going into the bathroom.

•••

I didn't see Alpha Alexander or Beta Bryce at the breakfast table. It was only Future Alpha Jake, and Luna Erica. I was afraid Riley was going to tell someone about Josh. I needed to get access to her, but she wasn't an assigned maid like the rest of us. She chose to do it.

"The breakfast was delicious, Thea." Jake washed his plate even though he didn't have to.

"Thank you, sir." I bowed.

"Remember what I said about formalities?" He chuckled.

"Sir, but when there are other superiors in the room-"

"Nonsense, I'm going to be the superior soon enough." He snapped.

I didn't reply because I could feel Luna Erica's glare at me.

I only nodded and turned around to walk away. I didn't want to go against Future Alpha Jake's wishes, but neither did I to Luna Erica. I decided to stay more vigilante throughout. With me harboring a rogue. I would surely, without a doubt, be given a death sentence. Sure, death was the easy way out, but I was never going to let them win.

•Josh Wiley•

There was something about the pack that was really off. I'd been observing them from far away. But it was mostly the alpha and beta of the pack. They all had the same cold, dead look in their eye. Their wolf seemed to be in control of their emotions most of the time.