•Chapter 16•

Theadora Sanford

I woke up with my dress on and in my room. I felt as if the last 24 hours were a dream. Something that I wished would happen, but didn't. The only thing that made me realize it actually happened was my scarf and other closed stuffed in Josh's black bag.

A smile grew on my face as I replayed yesterday's occurrence. Josh was snoring on the floor. His hair was a mess and he was holding something in his hands. I shrugged it off and got ready for my chores.

I tightened the scarf around my neck to hide the mark Josh left. I didn't know how he feels about me covering it, but it's the safest way for me at the moment. I hum my morning song as I step into the kitchen. Luna Erica was there. She gave me a bored stare and returned to gazing down at her phone. I spotted Riley as she placed Luna Eric's meal in front of her, and I nodded graciously in her direction. Riley gave me a grin back that didn't last long, as Luna Erica began to gaze at us.

I turned around and decided to head upstairs to continue laundry. I hurried upstairs and gathered all the clothes in a single basket. "Hey, you," someone called, and my blood ran cold. I gently touched the scarf around my neck and faced the stranger. He stumbled along the walls a drunken mess.

"Yes, sir?" I hurried over and bowed my head.

"Are you one of the pack whores?" He asked. "You are quite beautiful," the stranger added.

"N-No, sir," I stuttered. He stirred a little, then straightened himself with a half-empty alcohol bottle in hand.

"Please, escort me to my room." I nodded uncomfortably.

I whispered nervously, "Wh-What number, sir?"

"The one at the end." He burped and took my hand as I walked down the hall. I was too afraid to shake him, so I continued to walk. It seemed like forever until we reached his room, and he finally released my hand. I exhaled in relief and he opened the door but remained in the doorway. He stared into my eyes.

"May I leave now, sir?" I awkwardly glanced away and down at my feet. The stranger lifted my head by my chin and leaned down and kissed me. I put an effort to push him away, but he held me in my place.

I didn't know how to react. The stranger leaded me into his room and lifted me up. Afraid, I held onto his neck and pleaded, "No, please, sir!."

"Please what?" He dropped me onto the bed, and I quickly squirmed away from him and covered myself. "What's this for?" He tugged at my scarf, but I was quick to hold it in place.

He leaned in again and put his slobbery lips on mine. He tasted very strongly of alcohol and began to tug at the straps of my dress. I pounded against him and pulled away to scream. He drowned out the sound by yanking on my head and tugging me back down on the bed. He covered my mouth and removed the scarf from around my neck. He spotted the mark on my neck.

"You have a mate?" He asked. His hand slowly lifted from my mouth, and tears began to leap out of my eyes. Suddenly, a loud bang reached my ears, followed by the stranger falling over on the floor. I hyperventilated at first glance of Riley with a desk lamp in hand. She looked panicked and stricken. She lowered the lamp and reached out a hand.

"Oh, God, Riley," I gasped.

She shook her head, "Don't worry. He's the pack drunk. He won't remember a thing." She placed the lamp back in its place and lead me out the door. I quickly turned back around to retrieve my scarf. "What's that fo-" Her eyes widened as she spotted the mark on my neck. I covered it quickly as we closed the door on our way out. "Thea, don't you know what will happen if-" She nearly exclaimed.