Meeting Jacob | Chapter 30

Today was the day that I was meeting up with Jacob to talk things over. We had previously gone over where to meet up today, settling on a cafe in town. Tobi had just dropped me off near the small cafe we were meeting at, which was very sweet of him.

     I walked into the cafe and the smell of the delicious pastries wafted into my face. I scanned the room for a quick second before realizing Jacob had not shown up yet. It made since for him not to be here, I was a good ten minutes early. I found an empty table with two seats and sat down, pulling out my phone for some entertainment. I scrolled down my twitter feed, not much going on, except for the fact that Cal and Sarah had broken up, which I had no clue of.

     As soon as I placed my phone down, a bell above the cafe door rung, meaning somebody had entered. I looked up from the table to see Jacob walking towards where I was sitting. On his walk over he gave me a warm smile pulled his phone out for a quick second, before putting it away again. Must have been checking the time.

     "Was worried that I was going to be late" Jacob said as he walked over to my side of the table. I stood up and gave him a quick hug, with him walking to the opposite side of the table from me to sit down. We both sat down, almost in sync quite weirdly. At first it was the tiniest bit awkward. I mean can you blame us, what were we supposed to start this conversation off with. After about a few seconds of silence, he was the first to speak up, and the awkward tension quickly went away, just with the sound of his soothing voice.

     "So what are some requirements you have for a flatmate right now? Or maybe some things you don't like" He asked me as he leaned in slightly, probably to show interest in the conversation that was about to happen between us.
     "The only requirements are pretty much just to help out with rent and to be consistent at making content" I told him with a smile on my face. "I'm not too picky at all. Oh! But no parties while I'm trying to film" I said pointing a finger at him jokingly, almost as if I was already accepting him as a flat mate.

     "You'll never have to worry about that with me. Might be a rare occurrence that you even see me with a friend" Jacob said with a cute subtle laugh after.
     "Well all sounds good to me. I'm not picky at all so I think just from this talk you'd be a great flat mate. I've seen some of your videos and I think we'd work great together" I told him as I looked over to my right and eyed a muffin that was behind a glass counter.
     "Yea. I think we would have some nice fun together... Do you want that muffin?" Jacob said as he pointed over to the object that had stolen my attention away from him.

     "Oh, kind of. I haven't eaten all day and it looks really good" I said, still looking at the muffin. If this muffin had eyes, we could have been in a staring contest right now.
     "I'll get it for you" Jacob said whilst getting up from his seat and beginning to walk up towards the counter.
     "No it's okay, I'll get it after" I tried to tell him, but nonetheless he kept on walking.
     "Nonsense. We can both have a quick bite and then hang out for a while. To get a nice feel of each other" Jacob said, pulling out his card and going up to the register where a worker was standing.

     "Well thank you" I said to him after he had ordered and we got our muffins.

     We took ourselves and our muffins to a nice cute park area to sit down on a bench and eat together. On the whole walk there, we were constantly telling each other jokes and making each other laugh. We were even coming up with video ideas to do if he does become my flat mate.

     "How long do you think it'll take you to be able to move in?" I asked him, taking a bite of my muffin afterwards.
     "Hopefully within the next week or two. I don't have that much to move" Jacob replied to me, crumbling up the wrapper his muffin had come in, seeing as he had finished his.

     "Well if you ever need any help moving your stuff. I know just about 5 guys that would be willing to pitch in" I told him.
     "Thanks. But I'll probably move most of my stuff on my own, I'll let you know though. I can't believe we've already decided it's a yes" Jacob said with a laugh at the end.
     "I know. We must be quite insane" I said as I finished off my muffin and handed my wrapper to Jacob, him crumbling mine up into a little ball too.

     After about another hour of hanging out and goofing off, Jacob decided that I should head home and get some rest since he thought I looked tired. He was right, I was 100% tired, the night before I had only gotten three hours of sleep because I was anxious about what he would think of me when we first met today. I had never been the best at meeting new people. Most of the time if I know it's going to happen, I'll have a little freak out before hand, wondering if I'm interesting enough to want to stick around. One person I wasn't nervous about meeting was Harry, although that was more of a spur of the moment meeting, and I hadn't had much time to prepare a freak out.

     I walked down the corridor to my flat and unlocked my door, opening it and walking in.
     "Hello" somebody said from my sofa.
     "What the literal fuck" I said, jumping back a slight bit from being surprised. I had no idea somebody was sitting down until they spoke up.

     "So no hey back? How rude" Ethan said to me jokingly.
     "Oh shut up, you scared me" I said as I walked over to the sofa and sat down next to him. "So why are you over here" I asked him the question he was waiting for.

     "Oh so I can't hang out at my best friends house?" Ethan asked me in a fake offended voice.
     "Oh no. What do you need from me" I said whilst laughing at him. He always called me best friend as a joke whenever he needed me to do him a favor.

     "So I know you have this friend. Her names Maisie. I saw her at one of your parties a while ago, and for some reason she popped into my head last night. I was wondering if you had her number maybe" Ethan asked me in a normal tone, which meant this wasn't him joking around.
     "Oh... Maisie? Sure. That's kind of a weird mix. You and Maisie, would never have thought of that one" I poked fun at him as I pulled out my phone to look through my contacts.
     "Whatever. She's the cutest girl I've seen in a while, and she's got some good banter from what I know" Ethan told me as he peered over my shoulder, looking at my screen.

     "Hmmm. Maybe I should just call her right now and tell her about this little crush" I toyed with Ethan.
     "Don't you dare" Ethan said attempting to reach out and grab my phone, but failing since I had dodged him.
     "But I just might" I said laughing as I got up from the sofa and ran across the room to get away from Ethan.
     "It will be the end of you if you do this" Ethan threatened me.
     "You're safe for now mate. But you better watch out for what I can do" I teased him as I went back over to the couch and sat down cautiously, thinking he still might have tried to grab my phone.

     I gave him her number, and also coached him a little bit with the first few text back and forth between them two. Maisie seemed to be quite interested too. She was replying pretty quickly once she found out it was Ethan, and let me tell you, this girl usually takes ten years to reply.