Meeting With Katie | Chapter 40

My phone constantly kept ringing while I was trying to get ready.
   "UGH! Shut the fuck up!" I yelled at my phone as I silenced it. I quickly looked at the screen and saw that Harry was the one who had been calling me.
   Four missed calls and six unread messages.

     For some reason he really didn't want me to go, but I assumed he just didn't want me and her to get into some argument together in public. Although if he would listen, I could tell him I'm going to make sure that doesn't happen.

     I opened up my messages to finally text Harry back, and read the ones he had sent me. They weren't that important, just telling me that I shouldn't go, and to cancel.

   - I'm still going Harry. It'll be fine
I'll keep things under control. Don't worry :)

     I sent that simple message to Bog and left it at that. Not wanting to get into an argument with him over this.

     I arrived at the coffee shop and took a seat inside, waiting for Katie to arrive.
   After only about seven minutes of waiting, I could hear a bell on the door ring, and in entered Katie.

     As she walked over to the table, I stood up and offered her a hug to be nice. She accepted the hug, we said our hello's, and both sat down together.
   "Did Harry try to tell you not to come?" She asked me in a very confused voice.
   "Yea he did. Did he do the same thing to you?" I asked Katie, assuming that's why she was asking.

     "He did actually, pretty weird. I tried to ask why and he wouldn't explain" Katie said with a small laugh at the end.
   "He's a weird kid. What would you like? I'm gonna pay for you since I'm the one who invited you" I explained to Katie as I pulled my card out of my purse.
   "I'll just have a muffin and a matcha tea please" Katie told me as she looked at her phone quickly and then put it back down, smiling as she looked over at me.
   "Okay. I'll just go order" I told her as I repeated what she wanted in my head so I didn't forget so easily.

     After I had gotten our drinks and a muffin for each of us, I headed back to our seats.
   "Here you go" I said nicely as I placed her stuff in front of her.
   "Thank you so much!" She said as she picked up her matcha, taking a quick sip.
   "You're welcome. Thank you for giving your time to hangout with me by the way" I said to her, taking a bite out of my muffin after.
   "No problem. I think me and you could get along pretty well" She told me with a friendly smile.

     "I would agree. Especially since we're both so close to Harry. It would be good for us to have a nice relationship" I told her with a little laugh at the end.
   "Yea. It's great that we're both so close to Harry.." She said quietly with a small laugh after, just like how I had talked before.

     After a while of talking about pointless things such as places we'd want to go, clothes we wish we could pull of, and other random things. Katie interrupted the conversation.
   "I've got to go to the lady's room. I'll be right back. Can you watch my things" Katie said as she pulled her purse off the back of her chair and placed it on the table next to her phone.

     "Of course I can" I said, since she was waiting for a response.
   "Thank you so much" She said to me with a smile before she turned and walked off.

     We had been getting along really well and it truly felt nice. Every now and then I could feel like phone vibrate in my pocket because of a text, most likely from Harry. I pulled out my phone and texted him saying that things were going perfectly okay. I felt that keeping him updated would make him feel a lot better about us being together. At one point he insisted that he went with us. Although I explained to him that we weren't children and didn't need parental guidance.

     As soon as I put my phone back in my pocket, Katie's screen lit up with a text.
   Being nosey little me, I looked at the name the text had come from.
-Jacob💞
Can you come over sometime today. A isn't going to be here for a long time ;)

     When I first read the contacts name it didn't click, knowing that there could be many Jacobs. Although as soon as I read the text... I knew exactly who was texting her, and I knew that I wasn't supposed to know about this. Her phone screen went dark, but quickly lit up again with another text.

    -Harry❤️❤️
Is everything going okay?
Aria said it was
I hope so :)

     I again let the screen go dark. I didn't dare touch her phone, just in case she could tell that it had slightly moved.
   Her and Jacob? Surely I was going crazy and that's not what I just saw. Maybe I read it wrong, surely it wasn't Jacob. The Jacob that I live with! No... It had to be a Jason or something and I read it wrong. Who am I kidding. It was definitely a Jacob, and it clearly said A wasn't going to be home for a while. I can clearly say that in this situation I was A.

     I was too deep into my thoughts to notice Katie had walked out of the bathroom and had already sat down. Putting her phone in her purse, but not checking her notifications at all.
   "Are you okay?" She asked me as she took the last sip of her matcha.
   "Yea I'm fine. Although it's getting kind of late and I need to go see Jj. So I think I'm gonna go" I said as I collected my trash and put my bag over my shoulder.
   "Oh okay! Well I had a lot of fun. I think we could actually be really good friends!" Katie added before I walked away from the table.

     "Yea. I think we could be good friends too" I told her as I gave her a slightly awkward look, not on purpose. I quickly turned and started walking towards the exit. Throwing my rubbish away in the bin on my way there. I started to walk down the sidewalk at a quicker than usual speed. I didn't know where I was going. Too many thoughts were going on in my head to even care.

     Do I tell Harry and let him know the truth. Or do I keep it from him and save him the heartbreak. Maybe I give him subtle hints? For now I can't even decide what to do, I just need time to think about it.

     I needed to talk to someone about it, and usually I would go home and talk to Jacob, but that was out of the question. This caused me to pull out my phone and go to Tobi's contacts, immediately pressing the call button. He answered very quickly, which I was thankful for.

     "Hey" I simply said through the phone. My voice kind of shaky. I hated that I was the only one with this information right now. The wish to go back and not read that message on her phone is too strong.
   "Hey. Are you okay?" Tobi asked me, sounding worried.
   "Uhm. Yea for the most part I am. Can I come over?" I asked Tobi as I stopped walking and just stood on the sidewalk against a building.
   "Definitely! Can I ask why?" He asked me, sounding confused on what was going.

     "I'll explain when I get there. I found out something I really shouldn't know, and I'm not sure what to do with the information. I'll be there soon" I told Tobi as I watched people pass me on the sidewalk.
   "Okay.. I'll be here waiting for you" Tobi told me in a nice voice, sounding very supportive and just comforting.

     "Thank you.... Bye" I said before hanging up the phone and taking a big sigh.