Chapter 9: White Eyes

The next day, Lykos woke up to see he was alone in the room. He stood up from the bed and stretched, he wiped his face with his hands and put on his glasses.

Lykos: What time is it?

He left the room and saw Alepou and Skylos in the living room with Sobaka.

Sobaka: So, you're finally awake.

Lykos: Yeah, uhh...what time is it?

Sobaka looked outside through the window.

Sobaka: I'd say it's 1:30.

Lykos: Huh? Why didn't any of you wake me up?

Alepou: You seemed exhausted yesterday, so we let you sleep.

Lykos: But what about going east?!

Skylos: Inu said it wasn't a good idea to leave early.

Lykos: Alright then...so when are we leaving?

Sobaka: Apparently something is coming to attack this place, and we can't leave because Aster alone won't be able to defeat it.

Lykos: Oh...wait WHAT?! Something is going to attack us?!

Sobaka: Relax, we got you, Volk, Inu, and Aster. Last time you did great, I'm sure you can do it again.

Lykos: Yeah but those were some stupid harpies! What if it's something way more dangerous?!

Sobaka: You'll do fine, I believe in you.

Lykos: Sobaka, this isn't some show where the power of believing and friendship solve everything. As cool as some plot-armor sounds like, I don't think we should be fighting a lot.

Sobaka: Look kid, I know that, none of us are. Take it from someone who was basically a National Guard member and a part of the military, I've stared death in the face many times before. Inu said this is the best outcome for us and I trust him fully.

Lykos: Hmm...fine, if something happens, I'm blaming Inu.

Sobaka: Fair enough kid, now let's head out and regroup.

Lykos: But...food.

Sobaka: Ahh, right. Go eat first.

Alepou: Oh, I left you something I made on the counter.

Lykos: Say less.

He walked over to the kitchen, he opened the microwave and saw a plate with a fried egg, sausage, ham, and bacon.

Lykos: Ale, I fucking love you.

Alepou: Huh? Did you say something?

Lykos: Uhh, it looks good!

Lykos heated up the food a bit and sat down to eat it. Inu entered the house, he was looking for him. He entered the kitchen and saw him eating.

Inu: Lykos, I need to ask you something important.

Lykos: Huh?

Inu: What exactly are you?

Lykos stopped eating for a second.

Lykos: Umm...a human? Why?

Inu: Then how can you change your hair and eyes.

Lykos put the fork he was using to eat down.

Lykos: What hair color?

Inu: Black.

Lykos had a flashback to his childhood when his other personality was created. "Now, for the first and final time...STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS!" said this new person as he pulled an axe from thin air.