21

[ Regina's pro ]

I went home later that day. I'd stopped off at the pharmacy first though. I walked into the house quietly since I don't want Mateo to hear I'm home. I ran upstairs and to my room. Going into my ensuite bathroom.

"Regina nice try. I heard you run up the stairs" Mateo laughed as I heard him walk into my bedroom.

"Don't come in" I demand knowing my door hasn't got a lock and he has no boundaries.

"Hurry up. We need to talk about your next kill" Mateo sighed causing a wave of relief to hit me.

I am now sat on the edge of the tub bitting my lip nervously. I am thinking off every possible way this could go. My mind is going crazy. I then heard an alarm come from my phone. I switched it off and placed my phone on the side. I looked down at my hand to see the pregnancy test. Positive.

"SHIT! HOLY FUCKING SHIT" I shouted out in so much shock at what this test said.

"What?" Mateo asked as his footsteps came towards my bathroom door. I was going to hold the door shut but it opened. He looked confused at me since I did just shout out. "Why you scream" he asked checking the room to make sure no one was in it. I sighed and handed him the test as I walked out. "WHAT? SHIT"

"You asshole. You got me fucking pregnant" I snapped as I paced back and forth in front of the bed.

"Ow god... Not again. You have to get rid of it like before" Mateo ordered as he tossed the test at me annoyed.

"No! You made me have an abortion last time. I'm not doing it again. I want a baby. I always have wanted one. I'm keeping my baby" I replied with a stern face so he knew I wasn't kidding.

Mateo snapped his gaze towards me with a harsh look. Shit. He stormed over and grabbed my neck. Pushing me towards the wall and holding me there by my neck.

"Your not keeping it. Understand" he asked with a very deep growl keeping his eyes locked on mine.

"You can't control me. I'm done. I quit with the killing and I quit with you. Your a sick fuck who got me pregnant and made me kill people. I'm not doing this anymore. Get off me" I demanded as I tried wiggling out of his grip pointlessly.

Mateo just looked even more angry at me. His grip around my neck started tightening. His nails digging into my skin. I started to loose my breath. I am trying to pull his hand away but I can't do it. I then took my knife from my back pocket and stabbed it into his shoulder. Causing a loud shout from Mateo and him to let go.

"You FUCKING IDIOT" Mateo snapped as he pulled the blade from his shoulder and threw it at the door frame.

"Shit" I whispered in fear knowing he's about to kill me.

Our eyes were locked in an intense stare. Mine filled with fear. His filled with anger. I decided to make the first move. I ran out the room grabbing my knife from the door as I did so. I could hear him chasing after me. I went for the door but my hair was taken into Mateo's hand. Pulling me backward and into the lounge. He through me across the room but I kept my balance.

"Big mistake Regina. You should have killed me just then" Mateo warned as he reached round for his back pocket.

"Don't start something you know I will win" I replied as I kept a tight grip on my knife in slight fear.

He moved the slightest bit causing me to throw the knife at his shoulder. Hitting the same one I stabbed upstairs. He hissed and hunched over from the pain. He ripped it out and dropped it on the floor. Looking angry that I done this. Before he could look up I ran over and jumped onto his back. Rapping my arm around his throat to chock him. Mateo grabbed my arms and flipped me over so I landed on my back. Winding me badly.

"Nice try" he laughed as he looked down at me with a smirk.

"Don't be stupid Mateo" I requested as I secretly moved my hand to my hip wear my second knife was strapped.

Mateo laughed as he stood up straight. I quickly jumped up and held my knife up towards him. He made his hands into fists and held them up. Before I knew it one of them was against my cheek. Pushing my face away from my centre body line. I felt my jaw stretch so far I'm shocked it didn't break. I stumbled backwards and placed my hand over it. He then swung again before I could even look back at him. It hurt just as much as the first. He pinned me to the floor and took his knife out.

"When your naughty you must pay the price" Mateo said as he glared so angrily down at me.

"Don't kill me please" I begged knowing I'm not ready to die.

He lifted my top up and held a knife to the side of my stomach. Pulling it down to make deep cuts into me. I screamed out in pain as I gripped the floor. I don't know what he was doing but it felt like he was spelling something or making a sign. Once he took the knife out I kicked him off me. I looked down to see he carved an M into my stomach for Mateo.

"You can't beat me Regina. I'm big. Your small. I'm right. Your wrong. There's nothing you can do about it" Mateo warned as his face lit up with a stupid smirk like always.

"That's the quote from Matilda" I replied as I started moving my jaw a few times to check it worked.

"What"

"Nevermind. You haven't seen it"

"Whatever. Get up. We're settling this now. Our final fight to the death" Mateo commanded as he picked up one of my knifes from the floor.

I quickly stood up and grabbed my other knife on the floor. My lucky knife. My brother's knife. I don't like guns so to make it fair we both have knifes. I held it in my hand and placed a soft kiss against his initials. God I miss them all. I stood by the door and kept the knife in a tight grip. Scared a little that I might die right now.

"Your crazy" I said as I realised what we are actually doing right now.

"Shut up" Mateo snapped as he gestured for me to get ready in an angry look.

I took a deep breath and held the knife up. Throwing it quickly at the wall next to him. He laughed at the fact missed him. Looking round at the knife in the wall to rub my mistake in. What he didn't know was it wasn't a mistake. I jumped up and grabbed the top of the door frame. He looked round at me as I rapped my legs around his neck. Pulling his body down so fast he crashed to the floor. I let go and quickly straddled over his abs to hold him down. Placing the knife in his hand against his throat.

"Check mate" I said pressing the knife hard against his throat.

"Whoa. Didn't expect that" Mateo replied as he laughed in shock at me actually winning this fight.

I usually win our fights. Granted they don't usually have death as a target. It's just a misunderstanding. This is to the death. It's my turn to take back my revenge.

"I got you where I want you now. You have no power over me. I won" I said mostly to myself now as it sunk in that I was truly going to be free.

"Just do it" Mateo snapped as he tried to move a little but just stiffened more.