十七

the boys spent the rest of the day wandering around the city. minho showed jisung some of his favourite places, places that he used to go to with his friends.

jisung figured that this would be a good chance to learn more about minho, since he rarely talked about his hometown.

"do you miss your friends?" jisung asks curiously as the both of them walked out of the shopping mall.

minho pursed his lips, humming softly. "i would be lying if i said i didn't miss them. but i can't complain much because that's nothing compared to what you've been through"

jisung nods, silently agreeing with minho. it had been 5 years since he had passed away, his friends and family were slowly moving on but he's still stuck here.

at first, he desperately wanted to leave this world and head on to the afterlife. but after meeting minho, jisung wasn't so sure whether he still wanted to leave. minho somehow made him happy beyond ways he could imagine.

"hey, it's already 7pm. shall we head over to the night carnival now? it's only about a 5 minute walk from here" minho says as he points at the huge ferris wheel which was towering over the streets.

the boys walked over excitedly, shivering a little from the cold weather. upon reaching the carnival's entrance, minho paid the staff with the money he had saved up.

"here's your ticket" minho says as he hands jisung the ticket. "you know you didn't have to waste your money by buying a ticket for me right? i'm literally a ghost" jisung says as he holds the ticket in his hands.

"i wanted you to get the full experience. i'm not going to let u experience the carnival as a ghost. for today, you're a human to me" minho says as he walks through the gates with jisung following close behind.

"what do you want to start with?" minho says as he looks around the huge place which was packed with people. crowds made minho slightly uncomfortable, but then again, he would do this for jisung.

"a rollercoaster?" jisung suggests, making minho's heart skip a beat. shit, a rollercoaster? i'm really afraid of heights though...

minho tried to hide his fearful expression, "a-alright. let's go queue for one" they both ended up choosing the most extreme rollercoaster since it had the shortest queue.

minho taps his feet nervously as he tried to hide his nerves. "you know..i'm actually really scared of heights" jisung confesses nervously, making minho's mouth gape wide open.

"what? why did you pick the rollercoaster then? we could've gone on something like the carousell" minho whines, making jisung laugh.

"i wanted to overcome my fear of heights, since i was unable to do so when i was alive" jisung says as he takes out the bucket list, pointing at the line which said 'overcome fear of heights'

minho lets out a soft 'ahh', understanding why jisung picked the rollercoaster.

before the boys could say anything else, someone muttered behind their back. "this guy must be crazy, he's been talking to himself the entire time" jisung looks behind them to see two boys around their age, who were looking at minho's back in confusion.

minho looks behind as well, his eyes widening once he spots the familiar faces. "hyunjin? jeongin?" he says out loud in surprise.

the boys let out a yelp and wasted no time, tacking minho in a big hug. "holy shit, it's you?" the three boys hugged each other tightly, all three of them had wide smiles on their faces.

jisung looks at the three of them in surprise, confused at what was happening. the boys let go of each other, still wearing big ass smiles on their faces.

"we haven't seen you in forever, the others miss you like hell" the boy with brown hair said. minho grins widely, "ah, sorry about that. you know how my parents are like"

"are you here alone? why were you talking to yourself just now? me and jeongin thought that you were a mentally insane guy" the same guy asked, and the blonde dude next to him nodded.

minho's eyes widen as he tried to think of a reason. "ah, i was practicing some lines for something. don't worry too much about it. yeah, i'm here alone"

jisung eyed the both of them, the both of them were extremely tall, and extremely attractive as well. his heart dropped when minho mentioned that he was here alone, even though he knew minho couldn't tell the truth about him.

jisung's shoulders sank as he looked at the ground, hearing the three of them talk happily amongst themselves.

at times like this, jisung wished he was a human too. he wanted to hang out with minho properly, he hated the stares that minho received whenever the both of them went out together.

jisung realised he would never be able to hug minho just like hyunjin and jeongin did. he looked up at minho once again, who was deeply engrossed in a conversation with his friends.

"he looks so happy" jisung whispers sadly as his eyes started to tear up. "i'll never be able to make him as happy as they do. we're from different worlds after all. what was i expecting?"

jisung laughs at his foolishness, shaking his head as he quickly walked away from the three of them.

"do you want to hang out with us? we can catch up" jeongin suggested, his eyes lighting up brightly. minho smiles in response, "i would love to, bu-"

minho stops mid sentence as he turns to look for jisung, realising that he was walking away. minho frowns, "where is he going?"

jeongin and hyunjin turn to look at the direction minho was looking at. "who are you talking about? i thought you said you came alone" hyunjin asks curiously.

minho waves his hands around, shaking his head. "i-i'll see you guys soon okay, i need to do something right now. let's talk on instagram" minho says before he runs off to chase after jisung.

hyunjin and jeongin look at each other in confusion, before shrugging their shoulders.