04. rick potion #9

*this chapter has been edited.
i hope you guys enjoy!*

Cas was right about one thing when it came to what happened to her on Morty's adventures

Cas was right about one thing when it came to what happened to her on Morty's adventures. Usually Cas was allowed on whatever adventure she chose to join, Rick's way of bending his whole 'no chicks allowed' rule. It was to let Cas choose the adventures she went on, knowing full well what could happen if she did. He made sure that she consented to it and let her have her own decisions. Though, after weeks of Cas letting what happened sink in and finally feeling like herself again, Rick still refused to let her on rougher adventures. While Cas appreciated the fact that he didn't want the same thing to happen to her, she didn't want to be treated like she was helpless.

"Rick! Please, come on!" Cas had tried the day he told her she wouldn't be coming on the fourth adventure in a row. "I'm fine, okay? I'm ready to come back, just give me a chance." Cas practically begged, even trying her best puppy dog look that usually worked on her uncle.

"No amount of puppy dog eyes or whatever can convince me, Cas. I'm not risking that again. I may be an asshole but even I know that shit is wrong," Rick had argued back, "I'm not gonna just, just take you on adventure when the same thing could happen. I-I-I won't put you in that position," Cas had given up after a few more tries and Rick left her in the garage, where she waited for him and Morty to return.

Days later, Cas sat at the counter of the kitchen as Jerry made himself a sandwich, after making her one as well. Which made Cas realize she should have reminded Jerry she didn't eat meat before he made her a turkey sandwich. Morty has spent most of the time telling Cas and his dad about what happened at school with Jessica. "Eh, try not to worry about it, Morty," Jerry shrugged, spreading mayo on the top slice of bread. "You're a good kid and there's no premium on that right now but you'll be getting girls once Brad's out of shape." Jerry shrugged as he put his sandwich together.

"You're missing the point, Dad. I don't want girls, I want Jessica," Morty said, picking up a cookie from his plate and sighing.

"Ah, well, I remember feeling that way about a young lady named, your mom," Jerry said. "And that's not an urban diss, your mom was my Jessica. I remember the first time I saw her and thought-" Jerry started before Rick walked in an interrupted him.

"'I should get her pregnant and then she'll have to marry me'," Rick said, grabbing a glass from the cabinet.

"I beg your pardon, Rick," Jerry said and pointed to Morty. "Inappropriate." Cas snorted at that, everyone in the house already knew the story for Beth and Jerry having Summer at a young age. On top of that, Morty was a 14 year old kid with his own laptop, phone and raging hormones. She was sure it was nothing he didn't already know, it was just a matter of whether Jerry was willing to admit the fact Morty certainly already knew how it worked.