Telling Selene_13: Zeus

We are currently in front of Selene's home and I have to break the news to her about Pandeia and Hades. My lungs feel as if it is being drowned woth dread.
Selene will be furious.
"Dad, are you sure you want to do this alone?" Ersa asks.
"Yeah, it's safer for you to stay away for now oky." She nodds and runs off to join Athena and Ares.
Before I could even knock the door opens.
I slowly walk in to look around for Selene.
"Selene?" I call for her but my voice only bounced off in these empty halls.
"The Lady Selene is in her garden Lord Zeus, I will escort you to her." One of the maidens says when she sees me. I know the way already, but they do this every time. I see her resting in her hammock smelling a flower, her smile didn't quite reach her eyes. "Selene my Darling Love." She turns to look at me.
"Oh. You've returned from the wedding so soon, how nice." Something is wrong, I can hear it in her voice and it's a full moon, she is usually very cheery then.
"About that..." I hesitantly walk closer to her. "You see, ah, Pandeia, she ended up marring Hades instead of Persephone." I get it out as fast as I could before I chickened out.
I wait for her to go all out in anger. Smite me for not doing anything, but instead she is calm. The flower falls to the ground.
"I know Zeus, I know." Tears starts to form in her eyes. "The Fates paid me a visit, told me how Persephone would run away and Pan would take her place. I couldn't accept that Pan was going to marry Hades, but even I could not deny when I saw what they showed me. They knew with me being there I would know in an instant that the bride was my child. So instead I stayed behind, said my goodbyes." She was sobbing now and my heart breaks for her.
" Why didn't you tell me?" I embrace her, her shoulder nesting in my neck."
"How could I? You would've done the same." She was right, I would have never let Pandeia get married.
I sit her on my lap and she keeps crying, I could feel her tears trickling down my neck.
I let her cry in my arms, it took a while for her to finally stop crying.
"Are you alright?" I tried to be as soft as possible. I give her a long hug and she clung onto my like I was her lifeline. My heart broke for her, but felt so warm at the same time with her in my arms.
"I'm so sorry you had to go through that alone."
"It's not just that Zeus!" She gets up in rage, new tears of anger flows.
"I saw how Demeter would misuse the power that Persephone would gain. She is a power hungry goddess and I'd be dahmed if the underworld is being corrupted by her!" She burst out in anger.
Demeter using her daughters power? "Impossible, she wouldn't do that!" Selene cackled, "Did you not see how furious she was when is wasn't Persephone! She never liked Hades, why would she let her Daughter marry one!? Did she even ask where her daughter was on concern?" That, Selene made a point, that was true, why didn't I see it before?
"I'm sorry Selene." I whisper solftly to her while I hug her, hoping to rid her of all her anger. "It's alright Zeus, Hades and Pandeia are perfect for each other. They will know it soon enough." She gives me a broken smile and broke out in tears again. Pandeia and Selene were very close to each other, they have a very strong bond and now she had to say goodbye to her daughter. I stayed with her the whole night while she cried in my arms. I was furious that she kept such a thing from me, but when I saw how broken she was at letting her child go, I just couldn't be mad. Instead I stayed awake while she slept in my arms.

Hades, you better look after Pandeia or the wrath of me and Selene will be cast upon you!

🌸🌸🌸

Poor mamma Selene, saying goodbye to her baby!