02

[ a/n: rewritten ]

if there was one thing in the world that seungmin loved the most, it was performing. the way people sing along with him when he's onstage inspired him to keep doing what he loved. the way people knew about him and his passion made him to better everyday.

occassionally, seungmin would be invited to gigs at the local coffee shop or some birthday party to sing. he was in love with music, and fortunately enough, music seemed to love him back.

"thank you so much for coming," seungmin said into the mic after his set. he looked beside him where his friend, jisung, held a guitar. the two were a great pair when it came to making music.

he rubbed his sweaty palms together as he climbed down the small stage. no matter how many times he'd performed, he would always still get nervous. it was a natural reaction for him.

he felt exhausted; there were more people tonight at the gig. it was a sketchy place, somewhere not all the kids in town go to. but he was part of this scene so he didn't mind.

"did well again, kim seungmin," jisung said, patting his shoulder. "i gotta say, that voice of yours is getting better and better."

"you did well yourself, ji," seungmin said. "and well, i practiced a lot. i guess it paid off."

as jisung went to look for his boyfriend, minho, and their friends felix and changbin, seungmin decided to step outside the backdoor of the place to get some fresh air. the packed audience overwhelmed him.

it also helped in bringing him back to reality.

he then noticed a boy sitting on the pavement, a cigarette in his hand. his head was held low, like he was sleeping.

seungmin approached him. "hey, what're you doing here?"

the boy slowly lifted his head and turned to seungmin's direction. he was taken aback by how handsome the boy looked-black hair, plump lips, pretty eyes (though he couldn't see much since it was dark).

"trying to forget every bad thing in this world?" the boy answered.

seungmin found himself sitting next to the boy, just a decent amount of space away for him not to inhale the smoke from the boy's cigarette. "wanna talk about it?"

"are you a bad thing?"

seungmin shrugged. "guess not. all i do is study and sing."

"then i don't want to forget you."