Jasmine flowers

Taehyung’s POV

It started with little things like having flowers waiting at my doorsteps every time I got home or like having a box of my favourite waiting for me in my office mailbox. Those things made my heart flutter a lot and I was extremely touched but at the same time torn apart. I doubted these were Jungkook’s action because all through the time we were dating he was never the one for these little romantic gestures. In fact, it took me weeks of asking before he finally agreed to go on a little romantic valentines day getaway once. And the trip was already paid for all he had to do was pack a bag and meet me at the airport, and be a little more boyfriend-ish.

I wondered who would have left those gifts for me and no one crossed my mind. I was also weird how the person knew all of my favourites. He knew I love Jasmine flowers. They are my favourites because those were the first flowers I received from Jungkook. And also the random person knew I was in love with milky way since I always found big bags of the mini in the mailbox. To be absolutely honest, if this person keeps on sending me staches of chocolate I might fall in love with them. 

Today’s mission was to find out if it was Jungkook. The kids were going to be with him for the weekend which was a bummer because that would be the longest we would be apart. I always took them with me during business trips because I was scared of the distance. Back to the plan, the kids were going to be my spies and inform me right when they come back if the noticed him buy any flowers or chocolate. 

The doorbell rang just as put the last item in their suitcase. I zipped up the mini suitcase and sighed. This was going to be tough. I carried the case down and saw the kids hugged a very excited Jungkook. I guess they were so excited to see their father that they completely forgot about the no opening the door when I am not there rule. 

“Hey,” Jungkook said and brought out a bouquet of white chrysanthemums. I smiled and took them. The person obviously was not Jungkook. He forgot how much I hated white chrysanthemums because they symbolize death and because they reminded me of my parents funeral. An event that he despised recalling. 

“Um… thank you for the flowers.” 

“Yeah, I figured I could not just come here empty-handed.”

“Yeah, but you did not have too.” I cleared my throat to prevent the shakiness that entered my voice as I remembered the scene the created with that flower. “I’m just gonna um put these away” I held up the bouquet before walking into the kitchen where I tossed them far away from me and took in a deep breath and blinked a few times to calm myself down and stop myself from crying. 

“Daddy~” I heard Micha giggle in excitement now that she finally had her other Dad in her life before she continued what she was about to say. Ever since our ‘confession night’ I have not stopped hearing them gush about how wonderful their Dad is. They even went up to random people in the mall and engaged in a conversation where they talked about how strong their Dad was since he built their play set in the backyard. Which I have no idea why the related that to being strong and why they did not gush about me like that when I built their big boy and girl bed.

I left the kitchen and walked into the sitting room where Mick was vividly explaining something to Jungkook using his hands excessively and Micah was nodding adding a few words into the unbelievable story they were trying to tell. I watched as Jungkook followed and listen to their story attentively with a bright smile on his face. I felt a huge wave over guilt rush over me as I thought about all the time I took away from them. I let my children miss three years of being with their Dad and vice versa because of my insecurities. I cleared my throat interrupting their little moment.   

“I think you should get going. It getting really dark out.” I said still trying to wash off the guilt.

“You’re right,” he sighed out. “Come on kids let’s go” The two little beans ran up to me to give me a goodbye hug and kiss before following Jungkookie out the door. “Bye Tae”

“Hmm bye. Drive safe!”

“Sure,” he said and walked out of the house. I hated how quiet it got immediately they left. I tried to think of something to do instead of focusing on their absence but nothing fancied me after staying on a routine for years. There was no child to watch the daily show they watched together and watching it alone was pretty boring since they always came up with better plot/ story ideas. My entire life really did revolve around my children. I would be an empty shell of I ever lose them. 

I walked upstairs and into the picture room just soaking in the memories before going into my room to take a bath. I entered the bathtub and fell asleep. I woke up with wrinkled skin and a grumpy mood because the doorbell woke me up. 

I murmured tons of curse words as I had to get dressed then I went downstairs to go meet the person who disturbed my peaceful soak. I opened the door and saw nothing but a bunch of Jasmine flowers waiting for me at my doorstep. I looked around and saw no one before picking it up. As I picked it up, a note fell from it. That was the first time it ever came with a note and with excitement, I rushed to the kitchen, placed the flowers in a vase then read the note. It said:

“Beautiful flowers for the most beautiful person I know”

And they signed it with the letters DJH. I did not know anyone with such initials and was extremely confused. I just hoped it was not a serial killer.

Scroll up!!