Comfort

The angel watches
The devil protects
They guide you to freedom-Author

Edward P.O.V

I walk down the stairs and nodded my head towards everyone letting them know she's in our room.

"This is Bella's threat. I knew I didn't trust her one bit!" Rosalie exclaims as she paces around the room.

"She does have a point. Bella could have ran away and made this threat. I haven't seen Bella yesterday and today." Emmett tells us as I examine the paper. The same page from Bella's book, but the hand writing...it's a lot neater then Bella's handwriting.

"But the handwriting is different from Bella's. This is a lot neater." I told them while looking at the handwriting.

"Do you have anything that shows that it's not Bella's?" Jasper asked and I nodded my head as I walked towards the television. I grabbed a small box from the top shelf before placing it on the table.

"This is all the things I've collected from Bella when both of us were together. I was thinking of returning it or burning it." I told them truthfully as Emmett grabs the box and opening it. He picks up a paper before passing it around for everyone to see.

"Seems that you are right, but she may have practiced to have a neater handwriting." Rosalie pointed out and I shrugged my shoulders knowing it could be that.

"Still, we have to protect Mary at all times. Even if it is Bella, Mary is human and if Bella turns into one of us then...she may have a target on Mary." Carlisle crosses his arms. Upset that Mary is in this situation when she did nothing wrong and I couldn't agree more. It's all my fault that Mary got into this mess, but I'll do anything to protect her and keep her safe.

"So, what are we supposed to do?" Alice asked with worry.

"We watch Bella's moves. See if she is truly behind this threatening letter." Esme tells us and we nodded our heads in agreement.

"Who will-" Rosalie was cut off when we all heard Mary scream loudly. We all went upstairs quickly as I slammed the door opened to find Mary not on the bed.

"Mary?!" I shouted as I walked around the room to look for her. I heard whimpers under the bed and I went down removing the covers to see hiding underneath. Her blue doe eyes looked up seeing me causing her to get out from underneath and jump in my arms causing me to wrap around her protectively.

"What's wrong, baby girl?" Carlisle asked her and crouched next to me.

"S-Scared." She stutters as I looked up at the television seeing a horror movie causing for me to nod towards the television and Carlisle looks as everyone else did before easing up.

"It's alright, baby girl. Come here." Carlisle said softly and Mary wasted no time as she moved into Carlisle's arms quickly. He rubs her back in comforting manner while she whimpers and bury her face on his shoulder.

"Daddy's got you baby. We will protect you no matter what. It's going to be okay." He whispers to her softly and she nods her head easing up. She backs away from Carlisle and I smiled kissing her head.

"S-sorry if I made you all worry." She looks down on her hands and I hugged her kissing her head again.

"Princess, don't be sorry and we always will be worried. Everyone will come here to make sure you're alright. Don't forget that." I told her softly and she nods her head. Carlisle smiles kissing her head softly before standing up and leaving with the rest except for me and Mary.

"Why were you watching a horror movie anyways? I thought you hate them cause they're scary." I looked at Mary as she blushed in embarrassment making me chuckle and move a piece of her hair behind her ears.

"C-Cause I was bored and I-I wanna see if I can be b-brave." She stutters and I shook my head at her with a smile on my face.

"Baby, watching a scary movie won't help you feel brave. The only way to be brave is being yourself and not caring what the people thinks about you. You don't have to watch a scary movie to be brave. Just be yourself. Alright, princess?" I looked into her eyes as she slowly nods and hugged me as I held her closer.

"Do you want to watch something else?" I questioned and I felt her nod her head. I carried her bridal style and placed her back on the bed before grabbing the remote and changing the movie.

"What do you want to watch?" I asked her as she looks at the television and thinks.

"Ummm...Charmed!" She squeals excitedly as I chuckled and played Charmed. The old one since the recent is an okay.

"I'll get you some snacks." I told her and she nods while her eyes is glued to the tv. I shook my head and kissed her head before getting out of bed and walking outside.

"Everything alright?" I heard Emmett ask and I looked at him before nodding my head.

"Yeah, everything is fine." I told him and he nods.

"Here, already made it." He hands me a bowl of snacks which I gladly took before smiling at him.

"Thanks, Emmett."

"Anytime." Then he walks away. I walked back inside the room seeing Mary still have her eyes glued to the Television. I chuckled as I placed the bowl on her lap before kissing her cheek.