nineteen

(A/N: please VOTE and COMMENT!! - I am working really hard on this book! Make sure to comment any suggestions🥰)

N I A L L

"Wow these are so cool," I say with a wide grin as I pick up and scan the movie props that are placed on the set of Lilli's new movie.

As I pick up the props I feel a thousand eyes glaring at me so I awkwardly place the props back on the table and nod my head apologetically to the crew.

As soon as we got back from our honeymoon Lilli and I immediately had to start working again, with Lilli working on her movie and myself and the boys working on a new album.

In truth, I'm actually glad that Lilli and I were able to just chill out in Paris without being harassed and paraded around for the paparazzi.

The break was definitely needed for the both of us.

"Mr Horan, your wife is right this way," I hear a young man say as he stretches out his hand to guide me across the set.

My wife. I'll never get used to that.

I'm surrounded by large set pieces, costume racks and props and as I look around I can't help but become overwhelmed by the scale of the production and the amount of crew on set.

"Lillianna your husband is here to see you," I hear a voice say cheerfully across the soundstage but I can't help but cringe at the use of the title.

As I turn the corner I see her facing me, a large smile growing on my face as our eyes meet.

"Niall! What are you doing here?" She asks with a wide smile before running over and giving me a warm hug.

I close my eyes wishing that this moment and embrace is genuine but I know that she is just doing her job and is putting on a show.

"I came to surprise you!" I explain, making her laugh as she still holds onto me.

As I look down at her with a smile I can't help but notice how revealing and short her costume is in the form of a two piece pink and silver bralette and skirt. She notices what I am thinking and immediately she starts to blush, awkwardly attempting to cover herself up.

Without thinking I take my jacket off and hand it to her so she can feel less insecure and as she puts the oversized jacket on her I can't help but smile.

As she is about to speak I hear a cough from behind her and when I look up I see a tall guy with tan skin and dark hair staring at us. Even I have to admit how handsome he is.

I notice Lilli begin to shift uncomfortably with her eyes dropping as she begins to play with the sleeve of her outfit, only something she does when she is nervous.

"Niall, this is Alex Oswald. Alex this is my husband Niall Horan," Lilli explains softly with a small smile.

"Alex is playing my love interest in the movie," she explains, looking up at me with a small smile but I can tell by her eyes that something is not quite right.

I strongly hold out my hand to shake Alex's and with a smile I say," Nice to meet you Alex."

Alex looks at my hand and ignores my act of friendship as he has an expression of disgust planted on his face.