twenty three

(A/N Please vote and comment!! I love interacting with you all xx)

N I A L L

"Dinner's nearly ready!" I hear Harry yell from the kitchen as myself, Zayn, Liam and Lilli sit on the couch watching the Great British Bake Off.
It's definitely a guilty pleasure of mine.

Lilli has been very quiet and despite the fact that after the MTV awards we apologised to each other I am still really concerned about her as she has seemed to have shrunken into herself.

"Lilli, can you give us a hand?" Louis asks from the kitchen and instantly I see Lilli sigh playfully as she gets up from the couch to join Louis and Harry in the kitchen.
I'm surprised the house isn't on fire yet.
I probably shouldn't speak too soon.

Their light murmurs from the kitchen alongside the smell of freshly cooked food underscore the tv show until suddenly I hear a loud crash in the kitchen followed by Lilli's cries.

I don't even think before instinctively running into the kitchen, followed by Zayn and Liam.
The floor is covered in glass, food and the remainder of half of a cooking bowl but my eyes scan to find Lilli.

When I find her I wish I hadn't as seeing her in this state is heartbreaking.

She is crouched in the corner of the kitchen sobbing and shaking in fear and as I run over to her she jolts back in panic.

"What the fuck happened?" Zayn asks Louis and Harry who are wearing matching aprons and have confused and concerned expressions planted on their faces.

"I don't know," Louis stutters as he keeps his eyes on Lilli who is hysterically sobbing.

"I accidentally brushed past her whilst I was carrying this bowl out of the microwave and then next thing you know she flinched and started crying, making me drop the bowl," Harry explains quickly, his voice full of concern.

"Lilli?" I ask quietly, slowly reaching out for her hand. As she lifts her head I can see her fear through her large, teary eyes and I know that I need to solve this issue tonight.

"It's okay Lilli, I won't hurt you. Watch out for the glass," I hush as I hold her in my arms and lift her off of the floor, allowing her figure to sink into my embrace as she continues to shake.

I carry her out of the kitchen to the living room, followed by Louis, whilst the other boys give us space and begin to clean the mess in the kitchen.

When I gently set her down on the couch I notice that she is still crying and as I kneel on the ground facing her I am reminded of the night of our argument.

"Lilli, please tell me what's wrong," I plead and I squeeze her hand gently in order to comfort her whilst Louis tucks her loose strands of hair behind her ears.

"I can't," she croaks through her tears as Louis gives me a concerned look.

"Yes you can Lilli, you can tell us anything," Louis states confidently and as he speaks I wipe her tears from her cheeks.

"I can't," she repeats through sobs and the sound of her crying slowly breaks my heart.

This is worse than I thought. Far worse.