Fulfillment of a Promise

After Yin's fight with Li Jian, besides those who had truly witnessed the scene where she had used the sword, Yin had asked Northern General Sun Bin for a favour to keep it a secret that she had a treasured sword.

To kill down the rumours herself, she too had never used the sword ever since the war and kept Element by her side just for decoration. But in reality, she had been training with him at night that it was only thanks to the earth element she could repair the landscape and made it seems like nothing happen.

Besides, nobody looked at Yin's Element sword properly that even now they just saw a plain-looking sword that was held by Ying Yue but Li Jian knew otherwise.

With no other choice, his voice was cold when he said, "Oh, I see. Let's see what you can do".

Ying Yue went to change as Li Jian was currently being warned by his peers since they did not want him to show his skills to the public. What more by the emperor's eyes. Which was why they had used common and plain swords for the sword fight just then.

"What use is it to keep this hidden. The public already knows and even the Zen nation's army saw me wield the sword. Besides, we can see their treasured sword too so it is just an exchange of info and when have I ever backed off from a challenge before?"

Li Jian manages to convince them. Wo Lan Ying regretted her actions as it had implicated her nation and her beloved. But she did not know that Li Jian and Ying Yue had already made a promise, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

When Ying Yue returned, she had worn a general's armour that those who knew Yin could see his shadows in Ying Yue.

With the request from Ying Yue, the training ground was made completely empty as they moved the audience to higher ground. This is because she knew their battle would result in a destruction of a large area.

"Your Majesty, this servant proposes a fight to the death with our honours as warriors", Ying Yue bows in respect towards the emperor and looked towards Li Jian, "Wouldn't you agree respectable Commander General?"

Now the crowd was going wild and Ying Yue's parents who did not know about the fight to the death wanted to go down to stop this but Pei Zhi was instructed to stop them. For Qi nation's side, it was Li Jians' right-hand man, Commander Jun Jie who felt disturbed but Li Jian's piercing gaze made him clench his fist as he swallows down his objections.

"So, it shall be", Li Jian nods in agreement and look towards the emperor, "May the Emperor and the rest become our witness".

With that, it was settled, they would fight to the death and now both opponents were facing each other as they waited for the judge to say, "Begin".

Ying Yue had unleashed a blood lust similar to the one when she had faced 2nd Prince Wang Xi Er that the imperial family was suddenly reminded of that day when the two fought.

But this time, it was different as Ying Yue had stabbed Element to the ground and destroyed the cement as needle-like things emerge from the ground and tries to stab Li Jian. Li Jian dodges but his body was covered in cuts.

He looks at Ying Yue with an expression as if he was hit by lightning, "You- you've learned the third tier?"

Ying Yue had disappeared in a flash and was beside him as she whispered, "I'd get serious if I were you".

There is also a secret behind the treasured swords.

1st tier of the treasured swords was the simple attack they could do, 2nd tier was when they could merge with their elements and 3rd tier was special as this was a tier that could harm other treasured sword users.

Ying Yue showed this skill because she wanted to show Li Jian how serious she was about this being a deathmatch.

With that Li Jian had also unleashed his blood lust and all the spectators watched in amazement at two battles even with the chill behind their backs.

One after another, Ying Yue had used so many of her special moves such as Ice Storm, Cyclone Twist and new moves such as Heaven Retribution where blue lightning rains down on them as well as Meteor Shower, where a ball of flames would fall down like the river droplets.

Her moves were countered by Li Jian as he swallowed them up in a dark abyss which is like a black hole of some sort. He tried to use Restraint move but Ying Yue had moved far beyond the human speed, he could only coat himself with dark armour and upgraded his sword An with the third tier.

The audience was speechless and there was a thought that ran through their mind. If Yin and Li Jian's fight was legendary then Ying Yue and Li Jian's fight was one that could reach towards the heavens.