Demoness

Li Jian's party had arrived in 2 months' time and along the way, Ying Yue had told him about her visit to Qi Nation due to the flood from South country. She then told him about a Duke she killed but forgot who he was called as she only curse about how dying was an easy route for him.

As Li Jian was far from Qi Nation, he did not hear any news about any Duke's death so he thought it did not matter much but when they had reached the border, he saw Ying Yue's wanted poster and told the other to inquiry about what had happened.

In a moment, he found out his cousin was actually the Duke which was killed by Ying Yue.

Ying Yue notice the change in Li Jian and asked him what was wrong. "It's nothing, stay in the carriage and hide until we reach our house", he replied.

Lan Ying and Jun Jie had separated themselves as Li Jian lived at a mansion near the Imperial Palace at the Forbidden City.

Senior Wang greeted his young master warmly and saw that Li Jian had put his hand out towards the carriage just to help Ying Yue. He was stupefied to see this young master of his could actually be so loving towards his newly married wife.

When Senior Wang saw Ying Yue, he was surprised. As Ying Yue was quite a beauty and had a good built that she also seems heroic and was like the female version of Li Jian. Except Ying Yue looks a bit domineering.

"Senior Wang, this is my beloved wife Ying Yue, please take care of her well while I head to the palace", Li Jian had bid his farewell and left the two once more as there was an urgent matter to handle.

Ying Yue did not mind and instead greeted Senior Wang warmly and asks where she was going to stay. She had an inkling what Li Jian was doing was related to her.

At the imperial palace, Emperor Guo Hang had received news of his brother's return when Li Jian appeared in his study room.

"Put down those wanted posters immediately", Li Jian said in an authoritative tone that the emperor's eunuch would have been in rage knowing the emperor was spoken down this way.

But Guo Hang did not mind and greeted his brother before asking what was wrong. When he heard the story, he was in deep thought. So, Ying Yue was the one that got rid of his useless and troublesome cousin Duke Wo Jin Hai. The emperor's opinion of Ying Yue was raising a bit high than its current standing but he still had to do something to appease his aunt, Princess Wo Bao Zhai.

The wanted poster did not portray Ying Yue well because she was drawn in a manly way and people thought the one who killed Duke Jin Hai was a man instead of a female. So, a body was used to appease Princess Bao Zhai and the case was then buried down.

Although Princess Bao Zhai was still suspicious, she did not do anything and accepts that her son's death had been avenged.

A few days later, the emperor and empress had set a banquet to celebrate the return of Li Jian and to announce the peace treaty between Qi and Zen Nation.

Emperor Wu Guo Hang

Emperor Wu Guo Hang

And his Empress Wu Pei Er

In reality, this was a banquet to introduce Ying Yue to the public and the officials of Qi Nation. Li Jian had hired a maid that was smart and knew her ways to help with Ying Yue.

Ying Yue and Li Jian had worn matching purple robes that they look like the perfect couple and had gotten the envious gaze of many. But Ying Yue saw that the emperor who also share Li Jian's features and good looks were more of a perfect couple with the empress who was a renowned beauty that had dark brown eyes and black raven hair, she was also smart and petite.

When Ying Yue's eyes land on the familiar Lan Ying she notices that the older woman next to her was giving her a hateful look as she caught her mouth saying, "Demoness".

Perhaps it was because when she saw Ying Yue who shared similar traits with the criminal who killed her son, she actually thought Ying Yue was the murderer as her instincts were going wild the moment, she first saw this girl who had red hair and eyes.

But the one who looked like the demoness was Princess Bao Zhai's angry face.