News

Although both Li Jian and Ying Yue appeared to be fine despite the deep bruises and cuts they suffered, they actually had fainted when they were away from peering eyes. This was because they did not want to show anyone their weak side.

Ying Fan had immediately caught her daughter when she fainted as soon as she entered the carriage and ordered the coachmen to return home immediately.

Li Jian was also accompanied by his right-hand man, Commander Jun Jie who picked his collapsed body once they entered the mansion they were staying in.

Both parties suffered from extreme fatigue to the point that Ying Yue had broken out in fever due to straining her muscles too much just so she could be an even match with Li Jian.

Because of this, the Royal Banquet was also postponed to a week later as the emperor came up with an excuse saying there was matters to deal with but the audience who saw the battle knew it was otherwise.

Ying Yue woke up on the 5th day and had suffered from a fever every day and night that her parents could not help but worry and Ying Fan did not sleep at all as she stayed by Ying Yue side to the point that she was on the verge of fainting herself. She was reprimanded by Ying Jun who compromise with Ying Fan so now they can alternate in between to watch over Ying Yue. Ying Jun was given a paid leave as the emperor understood he was worried for Ying Yue.

Currently, it was Ying Jun's turn to watch over Ying Yue. When he saw Ying Yue making a move on the bed, he immediately rushes towards her side as he helps her to sit up and lean on the bed.

"Easy now, the doctor said you need to rest a few more days before you are better again", Ying Jun warns his daughter as he knew how extreme she could be nowadays.

"I'm fine. Tell me what has been happening lately", Ying Yue was worried for Ting Ting's safety as she was still fighting in the South.

Ying Jun informed Li Jian also suffered from the battle and that the Royal Banquet was in 2 more days. Ying Yue was to stay in the house by then but she refused and told her father that she needed to be at the banquet so Ying Jun complied but only if she stayed by Ying Fan and Ying Jun's side and not make any more trouble. She agreed to this.

The news about the South was that the battle between the nomads and the Southern army had started the moment when the competition began at the palace. Currently, the Southern army was winning and is pursuing to capture the nomads completely. Dong Hai's army had changed sides to the nomads and if it weren't for the Wolf army under Ting Ting, Southern General Sun Chao would have lost as the Western soldiers had infiltrated his army.

Ying Yue summon Pei Zhi who appeared by her side and made General Ying Jun alarmed as Pei Zhi could actually hide his presence from him. He then grumbled and threaten Pei Zhi to stay out of Ying Yue's room and never appear unless she called him. Pei Zhi told him that was what he had been doing all along and it was only thanks to his skills of hearing did he succeeded in doing so.

"Send some people from the Shadow Guards to assist Ting Ting", Ying Yue said once Ying Jun has calmed down.

Her words made him startled again, "You have people in the Shadow Guards?"

Besides the Wolf army, Ying Yue had also raised a hidden army called Shadow Guards. Ying Yue explained that it was raised because she needed a network of information and the assassins were from Pei Zhi's dark guild before that he led. The assassins were then used to counter the assassins Dong Hai had sent to her before.

Ying Jun looks at Ying Yue with astonishment, but recovers when he said, "You mustn't let anyone know of this matter"

Ying Yue nods in understanding, "Only the ones currently in this room know about this"

Ying Jun was touched that Ying Yue could reveal her secret so easily with him but also was a bit afraid of his daughter. She was seen as a dangerous threat but at this moment he didn't mind as he loves her deeply and that he would also sacrifice his life for his family.