Haunted Hospitals

Location: Idaho

This Idaho Inn Was Once A Tuberculosis Hospital And It's Believed To Be Haunted
It's one thing to visit a "haunted" location by day but to actually spend the night in one is another story. Today, the Gooding University Inn operates as a quaint little resort in southern Idaho. The century-old structure is bursting with history, but it's also considered one of the region's most haunted destinations. Newly renovated and welcoming visitors with open arms, the structure doesn't seem very haunting. However, you never know what you might come across after a night spent in this ex-hospital.
Located in the middle of vast swaths of farmland is the Gooding University Inn and Resort. It may not look like much of a resort from the outside, but it welcomes visitors all year long who are looking for a retreat in southern Idaho. However, this building also contains a creepy history that has some people saying it's haunted...

The structure was built in 1917 when it was first established as Gooding College. At the time, Gooding College was the only place of higher education in Idaho in between Caldwell and Pocatello. However, the school shut down in 1938.

The structure opened back up in the 1940s when it was converted into a tuberculosis hospital. It was considered one of the most advanced hospitals to specialize in TB in the entire country during its time but it closed down officially
After remaining empty for many decades, the structure opened back up in 2004. This time, it was known as "The Get Inn Bed and Breakfast". This unique B&B capitalized on its haunted reputation and welcomed paranormal investigators to spend the night. Numerous ghost hunting groups have tried their hand at exploring the ex-hospital for any sort of ghostly act
In fact, investigators concluded that the building is indeed a hot spot for paranormal activity. Witnesses have reported seeing apparitions of an old man in a white coat along with a woman with a young girl. Mysterious whispers and footsteps down empty hallways are also a common unexplained occurrence. There's no doubt that this building saw a lot of pain during its time as a hospital, and it seems that some patients have never really left it.

The Get Inn closed down in 2012. However, another owner came along and opened the building back up as the Gooding University Inn and Resort. The inn describes itself as a unique opportunity to sleep in a historic dormitory and its prime location makes it great for exploring southern Idaho's greatest attractions.

Whether you're just passing through for the night or looking for the next place to host a large gathering of any sort, the Gooding University Inn is a good option. However, just be warned that you might come across some unexplainable activity while you're here!

 However, just be warned that you might come across some unexplainable activity while you're here!

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Location: unknown I was a new nurse at our hospital and only been working there a couple of months

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Location: unknown
I was a new nurse at our hospital and only been working there a couple of months.

I had brought a patient of mine up to day surgery from the ER for an endoscopy and they called back down and asked me to bring her family up because she only spoke Italian (and not enough English) and they needed someone to consent for the procedure.

After dropping them off, I I walked past the waiting room to head back down the hall to the elevators. I took the back way to get to the ER and the hallways are all deserted - it used to be the pediatric wing of the hospital, but that is all shut down for years and the rooms are just empty and full of broken equipment and beds and crap.

As I reached the old nurses' station at the T junction between the pediatric hallway in the hallway that goes to the elevators, I saw a little girl standing across from the nurses' station further down the hall. She had big pigtails, was wearing a brown dress, white shoes, holding a teddy bear. I thought perhaps she was a family member who had walked away from the day surgery waiting room. I was concerned that she would go into one of the rooms and get hurt or lost, so I said "hey little girl, what are you doing? You don't need to be over there, you're going to get hurt..." and I walked around the nursing station to go grab her hand and bring her back.

she VANISHED as I got about 15 feet away from her.

Every hair on my body stood up straight and I turned and ran like a bat out of hell down to the elevator. I pounded that button for what seemed like an eternity until the elevator got to the floor. As I got back to the ER I walked up to the nurses' desk, white as a sheet, and one of the older nurses looked at me and said: "Jesus Christ what's wrong with you?"

I remember babbling like an idiot as I tried to tell them what happened. After listening to me for a moment or two, the nurse said "oh you saw the little girl ghost... she's been around here for years..." and I remember saying "well thanks for telling me about it before this...!"

Apparently, the ghost has even been seen down in the ER, ducking in and out of patient rooms and peeking around curtains.