Chapter 9 ; Heartbroken

Golfball's POV

I woke up, glancing around the area. "H-Huh?" Oh right, we arrived in Yoyle City. I hoped we were safe at last... Well, that was until I noticed the other teams arriving. But Beep... They're missing.

They all must've died. Well, Nickel is still alive. But I consider him in our team now. Interestingly enough, I saw 2 formerly eliminated contestants throughout the teams.

I'm sure this is the next phase of their cruel game. Suddenly, I blinked and found myself sitting on an podium. "G-Gh?!" I looked around, seeing the rest of the "contestants." From my friends and enemies, they survived this far.

I noticed 3 people that clearly had something special with them.. X, Leafy, and Liy. I pondered, why were they here? Perhaps Donut gave 2 eliminated contestants an actual chance. Suddenly, we all saw Donut. "Hi everybody! I don't plan on killing you. Now, just call me Zero for future reference, okay?"

I was rather silent, and noticed many of us startled and stunned. X soon spoke up words that I wish I didn't hear. "Four... Why are you doing this?" Zero hissed. "It's for the fun! Now, your competing in this competition too."

I heard murmurs, and stood up, glancing to TB who was starting to get nervous. I had an sense of an 78.45% chance of living through this.

Though.. I felt something lurking, within us. Something is wrong.

Narrator's POV

"Now than! Continuing on.." Zero began to float down, and gently walked throughout the podiums, securing that everybody had stayed on. "You have an task, survive in this city. Every once in awhile, I'll come and murder one of you. Though, everytime you see an murder..."

"Don't expect it to be me as the killer."

People wondered what he meant, but Zero knew well who planned on killing. They snapped, suddenly coloring an part of the city an certain color. "Each of the 7 teams will have an custom province, you may cross others, but you are expected to stay and sleep in your proper place."

It felt comfortable to have an home. Until Zero spoke his last words, before disappearing and teleporting his "lab rats" to their proper place. "Don't expect to stay comfy..."

Phase 2 ; Life/Death has been initiated.

Leafy's POV

Firey was here! It's an shame most of my old team died, but Nickel's alive! So I'm happy. I rushed over outside, realizing that I'm in Team Ice Cube's district, whatever Zero says.

I soon noticed an sign directing for the other team's district. I'm just glad we're all safe... Yet, this city just.. haunts me. I walked to the edge of the city, noticing the forest of Yoyle-Berry bushes, soon walking to see what it was about. I was exploring, and was satisfied to feel the natural area. It.. was familiar.

But, it felt much more different than it had in the past. It had felt soothing, and welcoming to me. I sat, and smiled as I was about to eat some, but I froze. I heard something in my head.

You will revert to the past.

I felt my eyes begin to water, and I coughed. Feeling the metal taste in my mouth. I began to look through the bushes to find knives. My eyes widened at the sight, as it hit me.

I was meant to be an murderer.

I wanted to avoid that, I stumbled back, scared. Suddenly, I felt something behind me. I stood up, turning around to find Firey. I hugged him, but he pushed me back. He had no expression, but an upset face.