SHOPPING TRIP

"You're going on a date?"

Jungkook really wanted to sound excited for the boy, but his voice was drained at the thought of the blond omega going on a date with the popular prick. Sure, Sooyun was nice to everyone and never discriminated anyone, except for Jungkook.

"Yes, I know, who would have thought he was interested in me?", Taehyung smiled, eyes crinkling cutely like they always did.

He hadn't seen Taehyung at lunch since the he didn't want to sit with the popular crowd. Because of that he hadn't heard Taehyung until the end of the day. And by then, the omega had already been asked on a date.

The blonde had skipped over to him after his last class of the day and had told him that Even though I'm really annoyed at you for completely dumping me at lunch just so you could sit in the library again, I really really have to talk to someone about this! And that's how Jungkook had heard the story about Sooyun asking Taehyung on a date.

"Anyway, I really have to get a new outfit for my date this weekend", the blonde immediately stopped in his tracks and turned to the alpha with a slight jump, "Go shopping with me?"

The curious tilt of the head and the big brown eyes are what made Jungkook comply. Even though he absolutely despised the idea of going on a shopping trip in search of an outfit Taehyung could wear on a date with a boy that wasn't him, he still couldn't refuse Taehyung.

The town near school didn't have many shops and so they took the bus to the bigger town just thirty minutes away from school. Jungkook wasn't used to taking the bus since it cost money he rather spend on food or supplies. He only ever took his bike to school or walked to his work or places he needed to go to.

"Do you take the bus often?", Jungkook asked once they got on. They took seats in the front to get away from the annoying middle schoolers that filled up the backseats.

He had let Taehyung take the seat next to the window and the omega was already staring out of it. "I take the bus to school every day. My parents don't like the thought of me walking or riding my bike to school alone".

"It's different for omegas I suppose", Jungkook hummed in thought. People were always more protective over omegas which was a natural thing. It's just like parents not wanting their daughter to walk the streets alone at night.

"Do you live far from here?", Taehyung asked as he watched the scenery pass by.

The alpha didn't watch the scenery though as his eyes were too stuck on the omega's side profile. He couldn't believe there was someone actually sitting next to him and talking to him. Especially someone that was as pretty as Taehyung was.

God, why was he like this? He shouldn't think about the blonde like this. They were on their way to shop for Taehyung's date!

Jungkook ripped his eyes away from the other and looked to the front again, "Not really. It takes ten minutes with my bike to reach school".

The rest of the trip was filled with small talk until they reached their destination. They got out at a stop that was the nearest to the shopping street Taehyung wanted to go in. "Do you already know what sort of date it will be?", Jungkook asked even though talking about the subject pained him a little.

"He told me it would be a dinner date so I guess it will be formal", Taehyung replied as his eyes started scanning the windows of the shops they passed. He suddenly halted at one window and before Jungkook realized it, his wrist was grabbed and he was tugged inside of the shop.

"You really have a thing with dragging me into things", the alpha huffed once the hand released him again. He rubbed his wrist with a small frown, wondering why the omega's hands were larger and manlier than his. It seemed a bit unfair.