•|| Chapter 20 ||•

You gasp and sit up straight, having the same dream as you did earlier. You look around and see that it was still dark and Tendou was sneakily going towards the door. You tilt your head and stand up, wobbling a little as you trail after him.

He didn't notice which was odd, probably because he was too focused on not waking anyone up.

After patiently trailing behind him as he closed the door, you hear him sigh. " I need to go to the toilet. " He mutters as you stay quiet, feeling that would be best to do at that moment.

Currently, you were on his tail, following him and assuming he was going to the bathroom. But then he abruptly stopped making you bump into him by accident. " Wha- " He swiftly turned around to see you on your butt. " Little ___?? Why are you awake? Moreover, why are you here?? " He asked, picking you up into his arms as you only shrug.

" Did you have a nightmare? " He asked, a worrisome expression on his face as you hesitantly nod, not wanting him to worry anymore than he already had. " It's okay, everyone has nightmares. " He pinched your cheeks lightly, making you giggle. Tendou grins upon seeing your smile back, patting your head as he forgets nature's call and heads back with you in his arms, thinking it's better if he helps you fall asleep first.

" Toilet..? " You pull on his collar, confused as to why he was going back to room. " No need, I'm too lazy anyways. " He shrugged and chuckled at his own words, which you giggled at too since you thought his laugh was funny.

" Say little ___, what was your dream about, if you don't mind me asking. " He hesitantly asked, thinking you might get upset if you  were reminded of the dream. You blinked multiple times before sighing obliviously, " Mom...get hurt...chiba too... " You wanted to connect the words in a sentence, but it was too hard at the moment.

Maybe you could show him with a drawing?

You light up and connect eyes with Tendou, who jumped when you suddenly turned to him with fierce determination in your eyes. " What is it?? " He raised a brow, confused but at the same time curious. " Sleep!! " You jump off him and run straight towards the door. " Little ___, wait!! " He ran after you whilst trying his best not to make any noises.

But before you could reach for the doorknob, you slipped over yourself.

" ___!! " Tendou whisper-shouted, surprisingly catching you before you hit the floor. " Are you okay?? " He huffed, standing up and checking if you were okay. Your eyes were open and you looked lifeless, so Tendou shook you out of panic. Turns out you were just a bit shook up after reminiscing about all the times you almost fell.

Tendou sighed as you two finally get back into the room. " I'm tired... " Tendou yawned, closing the door behind him.

Who knew a quick trip to the bathroom with a child could be so rough?

As he finally lays down with you in his arms, you look up at him. " What? I thought you wanted to sleep? " He ruffles your hair as you squint your eyes at the action. " Nighty night. " You mutter, referring to goodnight. The redhead only smiles, pulling the comforter over you two and patting your side to help you sleep.

' How did I get so attached to this child so quickly? '

•♤•

" It's time to wake up, everyone. " Semi yawned, sliding the curtains as the morning light hits everyone's faces. The others groaned at the harsh light whilst sitting up and opening their eyes slowly.

But a certain someone was missing.

" Huh? " Semi squinted his eyes, looking over at Kawanishi and not seeing you. " Taichi, wasn't chibi-chan with you last night? " Semi asked as the half awake male searched for you under the blankets, but you weren't there.

" She's with me. " Tendou paused and yawned, all eyes on him as he lifted his blanket thinking you were there.

But to his and everyone's surprise, you weren't there.

" LITTLE ___ TURNED INVISIBLE!! " Tendou jumped up, a concerned tone in his voice.

Semi only sighed.

" She couldn't have left on her own. " Yamagata says, folding up his futon. " Maybe coach is with her... " Shirabu groggily sits up, rubbing his eyes. " Then let's all get up now, it's already 6. " Kawanishi stands up, going into the bathroom as everyone starts to ready themselves for the day.

" Tendou ran out in his pajamas. " Ushijima bluntly says.

" CATCH HIM BEFORE ANYONE SEES!! " Semi yelled as Shirabu and Kawanishi runs to catch the redhead. Those two are quick runners so Semi wouldn't worry. But the situation is different because it was you Tendou was worried about.

Ever since he's seen you peeping at their practice back at school with admiration in your eyes, he couldn't help but think that you'd be so fun to have around and that you would help them relive some stress from practicing and from Coach Washijo.

On the other hand, you were outside with your sketch pad. Since Tendou asked you about your dream, you thought maybe you can tell them about your mom through drawings. At first, you thought it was a good idea but then you started to see that your drawing made no sense and was too hard to understand or make of anything.

That was until a few people saw you.

Those few people being Bokuto, Akaashi, Kuroo and Kenma.

" What are you doing here, pudding? " Kenma sat down next to you. " Drawing...mom...and chiba.. " You cover the paper with your hands, feeling a little insecure about them. " I won't laugh. " Kenma pats your head, " Neither will I. " Akaashi added, sitting down on the space, opposite of Kenma.

You look at them both and hesitantly remove your hands to reveal your drawing.

It was a drawing of your mother holding hands with you and your little brother Chiba.

" Who's that supposed to be, shorty? " Kuroo knelt down along with Bokuto, who seemed interested and pointed at the boy. " Little...brother!! " You smile at them, " I didn't know ___ had a little brother, he's probably cute just like her. " Bokuto whispered to Kuroo, although everyone heard it.

" No...don't have...brother...anymore. " You explain to them. Their faces suddenly seemed gloomy, " It's okay...he's..
with mom. " You try to cheer them up, you didn't want them to be sad because of you.

Kenma and Akaashi hugged you and whispered comforting nothings, while Kuroo and Bokuto " secretly " took photos of three of you being cute.

" Little ___-!! " Tendou was suddenly k̶i̶d̶n̶a̶p̶p̶e̶d̶ snatched away before the 5 of you could turn around and see the male in his sleepwear. " Tendou? " You stand up and bow to them as goodbye. " See you later, ___!! " Bokuto bid goodbye, waving his hand high with a cheerful smile on his face.

" Bye bye!! " You say, running back to the room where your guardians slept. " Ah, ___. There you are!! " Goshiki swiftly picked you into his arms, rubbing his cheek against yours. " Goshi-nii!! " You giggle, feeling his rather cold cheek against yours. " Stop that, can't you see she's uncomfortable? " You were suddenly taken away by Shirabu, who was obviously jealous of the purplehead.

" But I wasn't doing anything inappropriate- " Goshiki was cut off when you once again snatched away by a certain someone. " Little ___, why did you leave by yourself?? Where did you go?? I was worried what could've happened to you when you suddenly became invisible- "

" Tendou, you're talking too much. " Ushijima blurts out with a straight face. " Ah, sorry Wakatoshi-kun, I was just worried. " Tendou sighs, not realizing you were suffocating in his chest.

" Tendou, are you attempting murder? "

" OH MY GOD, ___ I'M SO SORRY!! "

•|| 55k Special is in the works!! Hope you're ready for ___'s d̶e̶p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ backstory, lovelies!! ||•