Author's Note & Synopsis

Praise for Yamlok: The Realm of the Dead

"I have to say the way you describe your images with metaphors and imagery is outstanding. Really, I'm at a loss for words. I love the imagery character and how it had a personality. I especially love the interactions between the two. You have such a talent."

"This story thrills me to read more. The words flow naturally so that it's very easy to read. The use of imagery makes it ten times more interesting. "

"Can I just say I have for long longed for a book like this. I mean it's simply awesome."

"The juxtaposition between the luxury and affluence of jewellery and the doomed faces is so vivid!"

Author's Note

Before I start, I want to tell you how much it means to me, that chance has endowed me with a reader like you. Bless your beautiful soul.

I'm a bit drawn to theology (okay, maybe a lot that sometimes I wish it was my major). There's something so powerful about it where things beyond the world we know is explored- it almost like learning peoples' cultures in depth. A deeper philosophy.

For as long as I can remember, I was drawn to the concept of 'duty before self'. I was brought up with legends like the Mahabhrat and the Ramayan surrounding me and was always told that one's duty is important (My parent's words: Study! It's your duty).

I wanted to write a book based on the concept and here we are.

There are eighteen chapters (because 18 is lucky) divided into three parts and each of them is marked with poems that give a peek into the events that will follow. I have included a glossary that contains the Sanskrit words and their meanings that I have used throughout the book. There are artworks attached to the book, all made by me. 

I hope you enjoy reading this book of mine as much as I enjoyed creating it, dreaming it, and writing it. 

Peace and Love, 
Nicental. 

synopsis:

What happens when the imperishable become perishable? What is it like when the ones who never knew the fear of the unknown, learn of the fear of the unknown? 

What you want, is it same as what you need?

Join Anamika and Keval as they venture into the depths of the death, from normal beings of the earth to the strongest of two warring realms. 

Both felt worthless, both were broken, both were afraid. 

But worthlessness can be fought, brokenness can be mended, fears can be faced.  

Start Date: 01/04/2020

End Date: 13/05/2020

Words: 50k - 60k 

Status: Completed