Chapter 7

Lydia's POV:

I could feel his gaze on me as I walked towards the chair.

Quite literally.

That tingling feeling wasn't as bad as it used to be ever since I touched him, but it was still there.

Instead, it just felt like a slight bit warmth when I first touched him grew ever so slightly when he was looking at me, and more so whenever we made eye contact.

A warmth that I didn't quite want to admit to myself that I enjoyed.

This was all too weird for me to come to terms with that.

I heard his footsteps follow me the best he could as I reached it

Regardless, I pulled the chair forward a couple feet before I sat, preparing myself to meet his gaze again.

I  placed the chair in a spot that made sure I was at least an arms distance away from him.

I was actually surprised to see him so willing to answer my questions.

Actually, I was more surprised by the fact that he offered to before I had to ask him to.

I guess I just wasn't used to guys being... cooperative.

In all honesty, I was fully prepared for having to beg for some sort of answers.

Ever since our little talk last night, my brain couldn't stop coming up with questions, and because of that, I didn't get much sleep.

Thus deciding that this wasn't a dream and I was going to have to actually deal with this.

He leaned back against the sidewall, arms casually crossed and a white brow rose, ready to hear what I was going to ask.

I bit the inside of my lip, now thinking I should have gotten him a shirt as well.

No, idiot, focus!

"Okay," I blew out, "Werewolves. Dog... hybrid... people."

God, I really didn't know how to even approach this.

I had to come to terms that they existed in general last night. I couldn't really even try to deny the fact itself.

I brought a wolf into this place, and now there was a man.

On top of that, he claimed very confidently that I was one as well.

Luka just smiled, responding with a simple, "Mmhm?"

"How does that whole thing work? I mean, how would one become one?"

He didn't even need time to think before he answered me.

"Its hereditary, just how any other living creature comes to be. We've been around for countless centuries, but the beginning of our species history got lost somewhere along the line."

"If it's hereditary, then how could I possibly be one? I've never heard of any of this until now."

I feel like Father would have mentioned that I descended from literal wolves at some point in my life.

"Do your parents live in this village too? Any siblings?"

I felt myself slouch a bit.

"The only family I have is my dad, and he just left on a trip." I spoke, my voice being softer than before.

Luka's eyebrown pinched together in confusion, taking a step closer to the bars.

"That man you were with?"