xxɪ | ᴇᴀsᴛ ᴏғ ᴇᴅᴇɴ

𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐂𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒, Caterina Cardinale cursed Tommy Shelby's entire existence, and the morning of their departure for London was one of such occasions

     While the morning sun was yet to emerge from behind the clouds, the said man barged into her room, throwing open the lacy curtains and demanding she presented herself in front of the house in an hour.

     After having cursed his ancestors for producing such a figlio di puttana, Tommy was thrown out of the room narrowly dodging a heel heading straight for his head.

     Not long after she accepted Tommys offer for a job at Shelby Company, Polly insisted on giving her Ada's old room at Watery Lane, a bit old and creaky but served its purpose just right.

  It had been about time she got out of Lizzie's hair, for both her sake and the sake of her clients, though the two woman enjoyed each others company immensely and made their Thursday tea time a ritual.

     Stepping out side and locking number 6. doors, she breathed in the crisp air, looking up and down the deserted street. Only Arthur stood waiting on the pavement.

     "Whose clever idea was to take off so bloody early?"

     Hearing her groggy grumbling, his head snapped in her direction, a wide grin spreading over his face.

     "Kitty! You coming too?"

     "Can't let you boys have all the fun." She smiled. Just as she said that Tommy turned the corner in his Fiat, the one he used for long distance driving, parking it in front of number 8, John and Esme's house.

     "Aye why not, you can drink like a man." He agreed, slapping her shoulder for a good measure.

     The two watched Tommy as he checked his watched, and once he counted the people on the pavement, leaned into the car and hooted the cars horn as loud as possible.

     One of the windows on the house flew open and John appeared, still buttoning up his shirt.

     "I'm coming!" He hollered, and they could hear the screams of rowdy children echoing through the house, out-voicing a desperate John trying to explain to them how papa is going to be gone for only a day or two and no they can't go with him to bloody fuckin London.

     They would've laugh were they not irritated by the wait. Rummaging through his coat pocket Arthur took out a small glass bottle, the likes of which lined the walls of the chemists, and took a hearty swig. Both Tommy and Cat were confused with his action

     "Seven o'clock, twelve o'clock and ten if I'm still sober. It's to calm me down." He passed the bottle to Tommy for inspection, the man looking at the small letters on the label.