Chapter 10: Too obvious

Another day in class, Jin Guang Yao sat in his usual seat, waving back at Jin Ling who said hello. Lan Qi Ren stepped in, giving out their test papers one by one. To every disciple, he had a disappointed look at his face, saying words like 'work harder' and 'put in more effort'. When he was at Jin Guang Yao's seat, his eyes scanned him up and down, making the young man feel tense. Then, Lan Qi Ren returned his paper with a slight smile. "You did well," the old man said before he walked away. Everyone else who heard it was in shock. Lan Qi Ren had complimented him?!

"How much did you get?"

Jin Ling excitedly pounced from his seat, grabbing the young man's paper before he could even tell him. His jaw-dropped, 100%??? He looked back at Jin Guang Yao, his eyes full of envy. "How did you do it?" He asked.

"I studied a bit before..."

He replied, scratching his head. The truth is he just had really good memory. He was quick to learn and pick up news skills too so, memorising 2000 rules was not a big deal for him anyway. "Teach me please!" Jin Ling begged.

.

.

.

Three disciples were staring at them from the backseat. The buff man seemed to be suspicious when he heard the peasant got a full mark in the test. He looked at his own paper; 45%. Crumpling up his paper, he threw it on the floor in anger. A thought came to him and he smirked.

"He's definitely cheating," He whispered to his other friends.

"We have to teach him a lesson!"

____

Days and days pass, Jin Guang Yao slowly became accustomed to his busy life. Farming early in the morning, going to classes in the afternoon, having lunch with Jin Ling and revising at night. There was just something bothering-and that was Lan Xi Chen. During his class, the man often calls him out to answer questions, and once he did, he would compliment him a bit too much...Jin Guang Yao could feel the other disciples shooting daggers at him with jealousy. He didn't even asked for the attention.

"Haih....Zewujun you are far too obvious..."

There was no classes today, Jin Guang Yao had finished his farming work, fertilizing and watering the garden. He returned to his cottage, getting out a book to read. His mother was out, probably in the chef's kitchen to chat with the servants again. He was enjoying his free time alone when someone knocked on his door.

He opened the door to see who it was. He rolled his eyes. "Why are you here?"

Wei Wu Xian grinned, "I'm here to ask about you -Did you tell him yet?"

"No..."Jin Guang Yao looked to the side. "I told you to give me sometime!" In actuality, he completely forgot about it. Shit! I was enjoying my new life that it did't even cross my mind!"

"Fine..." Wei Wu Xian crossed his arms, lips tightening in a straight line. "I'm also here to tell you that I will conduct classes tomorrow. It will be combat training."

"Combat training?" the young man tilted his head to the side.

.

.

.

.

.

"Next up, Chen De Ming versus-

When Wei Wu Xian said combat training, he did not expect it to be a one on one battle! He crossed his fingers, hoping for an easy opponent.

"Li Da Wei!"