Chapter 12: Together

Once Lan Xi Chen finished tending the other man's wounds, he carried him home.

The old white haired lady was waiting for his son to return, she was sitting in front of the house. Her face paled when she saw his son's condition. "Ah Ming, what happened!???" She exclaimed and got up from her rocking chair.

"Haha..." De Ming laughed scratching his head. How was he going to explain this without being told of by the the old lady....? "Long story, mother. Let's go in first," he said.
.
.
.
.
.
He was placed on his mattress in his bedroom. Lan Xi Chen even fluffed up the pillow for him before he laid down on it. His mother sat at the edge of his bed, examining his injuries with a worried look on her face.

"Who did this to you?" she asked, brushing against his son's cheeks.

Lan Xi Chen knelt down. "It was all my fault, I'm sorry." His head bowed down to the floor. The old lady stood up in shock, "You did this?"

"No, not him! It was a fight between another disciple!" Jin Guang Yao immediately cleared up the situation.

"But it was my fault. If I noticed sooner De Ming would not-

"Stand up, Lan sir, " the old lady took his hands from the floor. "You can't blame yourself for everything that happens."

"Exactly! Er g-Zewujun, you're always like this! You don't need to take responsibility all by your own!"

Lan Xi Chen widened his eyes. Was he not supposed to?
.
.
.
.
.
Since childhood, he was trained to be a leader of the Gusu Lan sect. While Lan Wang Ji went off to spend time with his mother, he was in the study room reading books. They say it was his responsibility as a leader. If he ran off to do something else, he would be punished. In the end, when anything bad happened to his sect, he was put to blame. It would be his fault.

Just like that one time Cloud Recesses was attacked by Qinshan Wen Sect. Burnt down until nothing was left but dust. He blamed himself for being away from the place when the incident happened.

It was all my fault... Everything..

I have so much responsibility and expectations to live up too. I don't think I can keep up with this any longer. I want to run away but I can't....What should i do?

Then, he met Jin Guang Yao. The young man who saved him and taught him how to wash clothes in the river. He secretly gave out information while going undercover as a Qinshan Wen sect member, helping Lan Xi Chen greatly with the Sunshot campaign.

And when Jin Guang Yao became the Lanling Sect leader, he rebuilded Cloud Recesses with him.

That's it. Lan Xi Chen thought to himself.

"Zewujun, we can take responsibility together!"

Jin Guang Yao said, throwing a fist in the air. The old lady looked at his immature son with disgust. Lan Xi Chen smiled. "I guess it was both our faults," he said.

The answer was right in front of me all along...

Together.

He felt like he could take on anything with Jin Guang Yao by his side.

The old lady looked at the two. Are they even grown adults? They acted just like kids! One blaming himself for something so unreasonable, the other still talkative even if he was seriously injured. She twisted both of their ears.

"OUW!" "ouw."

"Alright, stop with the nonsense. It was that disciple's fault. Tell me his or her name so I can feed them a lot of chili~" She said with a smirk, emitting evil aura.