17

I slam my Chemistry binder close, looking at the clock. It's already 12? I close my eyes and groan in exhaustion. When will high school end?

Switching my phone on, I see a whole load of missed calls and messages. I switched my phone off for just five hours! There are five missed calls from Stephanie, one from Lana and one from Mrs. Parker. I'll check the voicemails later, when my eyes aren't aching so much. Then, there are loads of messages, which I gladly ignore.

I check the time again. 12.05. Time for some Instagram, baby.

I log into my stalker account, and search for Brandon. He has a private account so one had to follow to stalk him. But just imagine the news, 'Jennifer sends Brandon a follow request! Is it again some new plan to trick the goodsters by the badasses?' on the school journal. So I had to create a stalker account.

There's a new pic of Brandon and Callaghan in his car, probably on the way home from school today. Brandon stares into the camera with a close-lipped smile and Callaghan grins toothily. I roll my eyes. This isn't even a real smile of his. His actual smile would light up his eyes and cause him to blush a little.

I huff and close my phone, flopping face-first on my bed. Whatever. I'm sure Brandon isn't at all happy in this relationship. Maybe he longs for someone, who excels at Physics and has the same personality as him. Like me. Our lives are so sad.

My phone buzzes loudly. I pick it up and stare at the notification.

'Spring Queen Nomination Week', it announces on the screen.

Oh yeah. Spring Queen Nominations. But that's boring too. Because, I've been winning it ever since we entered high school.

*

Next day at school, people stare at me weirdly as I pass them in the hallways. I hear whispers about me being framed for drugging Aiden almost to death. I smile; at least people know it wasn't me, which is enough.

I stop in front of my locker and enter the combination. The first period is French, no worries, I'm fully prepared for any bomblast of questions the teacher fires at me.

"Hey." I hear someone greet me, so I turn around. It's Stephanie and Lana.

"Hey." I say, trying to keep my tone in the 'y'all-hurt-me-bad' level.

Stephanie sighs and takes my hand. "You didn't check our messages so we thought you're angry."

Stephanie actually lowkey supported me, so should I still be angry with her? Nah, she's too sweet to remain angry with. It's Lana whom I can't bear.

"Are you angry with us?" Lana asks in the most perky tone I ever heard. It's the tone boys are supposed to find adorable. Is she trying to say I'm a boy?

I fake-sigh and look at them lovingly, if you know what I mean. "Aw, you're my bishes! How can I be angry with you?"

We do a little group hug and then it's normal again. "So, did you submit your name for the nominations?" Lana asks us.

I shake my head. Stephanie shrugs. "It's useless. We all know who would be the Spring Queen. Still I added my name, who knows right?"

I smile and look questioningly at Lana. She shakes her head at Stephanie and says, "Why're you so negative? Anyway, I still didn't add my name so will you come with me to add the names, Jen?"