28

"So as I told you to study the characters of Nora and Torvald," Mrs. Randall says, eyeing each one of us. "So, who'll go first?"

I've been checking my watch every now and then. It's like torture, waiting for the effect to take place. It has been, like five minutes already since Callaghan drank water from that bottle. Although I put more than what should be the dose for any normal person, Stephanie assured me that there would be no side-effects. I hope she doesn't die, though.

Suddenly we hear a loud noise of things falling clattering on the floor. I turn and see Callaghan, bending down to pick up her stuff that she spilled before. 

She looks up and grins toothily. "S'up, people!" She shouts loudly.

Some students at the back start laughing. I smile.

The show's begun.

"Is there a problem, Michelle?" Mrs. Randall asks her.

"I don't know." Callaghan shakes her head and laughs. "You give us so much homework, we don't have time to think of our problems."

The class starts cheering her as I lean back and flex my fingers. This is going to be one heck of a memorable class.

"What do you mean, Michelle?" Mrs. Randall says, looking at her in shock and disbelief. She never expected to hear such words from her favourite student.

"No, no." She waves her hand dismissively and flops down on her seat. "I meant nothing."

Mrs Randall narrows her eyes at her, crossing her hands over her chest. "Okay, fine. Why don't you give a character sketch on Nora and Torvald?"

"Sure, girl!" Callaghan squeals and jumps out of her seat. She then straight goes towards the platform where Miss Randall was standing and turns around, facing us. "Hey babes! How ya doin'?"

The whole class cheers for her again, this time more loudly. "Oh, it's so hot, isn't it?" She says and peels off her cardigan and throws it at a bespectacled nerd at the front. "Much better now."

I look around and see some students recording a video of her and going live live on Instagram. I smile. The best day ever.

Mrs Randall's face is purple by this time. "Michelle, go back to your seat now."

"Dear dear," Callaghan says and slings an arm around Mrs Randall's shoulder. "Honey, why're you so tense? Chill, baby. Let's go get some drinks tonight."

Mrs Randall angrily throws off Callaghan's arm and shouts, "This is extremely inappropriate of you, Michelle! Go back to your seat!"

Callaghan turns from her to us and places her hand on her hips. "My friend here is very tense today. Could any of you tell me the reason?"

"Maybe her husband left her?" Nathan shouts from the back. I chuckle.

"Maybe she's on her periods?" Isaac hollers.

"No no no," Callaghan shakes her head and shakes her finger at us. "I know the real reason." She drops her voice to a whisper and says, "Do you wanna know why?"

"Yes!" The whole class shouts.

"Because she's sexually frustrated! The reason being her husband's impotence!"

I burst out laughing, alongwith the whole class. This girl is actually funny, if she cuts her crap.

"Michelle Callaghan! To the Principal's Office! Now!" Mrs Randall bellows, her nostrils flaring in rage.

"Aw, did I make you upset?" Callaghan pouts, squeezing Randall's flushed cheeks. "Don't worry, darling. I have some friends here who can probably help you."