40

What did Callaghan do, actually?

What do you mean by this? You're seriously not gonna call her the victim in all of this, are you?

Of course not. Just answer my question.

She did many bad things.

Like what?

Like stealing my phone, hacking into my account!

Things that don't concern you.

She leaked the papers!

And?

What more do you need? That's enough.

Okay. Now, onto your guilt list. What did you do?

Uh.

You bullied every student who couldn't stand up to you, you made their lives hell, they couldn't even complain to the authorities because you'd threatened them.. The list goes on. Shall I continue?

Shit.

So, who's the bad guy here?

Obviously Callaghan. She's the villain here.

She isn't. You are.

Yeah, right.

Think about it. She has a good relationship with everyone on the school campus, everyone likes her and the juniors look up to her. And you?

Why are you doing this?

People hate you. Almost all of them. And those, whom you called your 'friends', don't give a shit about you.

I hate you.

So I'm asking the question again. Who's the bad guy here?

Fuck you.

Later. Are you sure you want to do this to her?

Yes, I want.

Come on, be true to yourself.

Let Brandon do what he's doing.

Michelle is a teenager, just like you. She has a good career in front of her, like you. She wants to have fun by being the popular chick, like you. She wants to have fun, like you. She IS you. Why do you think she needs to be punished?

Don't do this, please.

If the school gets to know about what she did, she would be rusticated. You don't want to do this to her, do you?

I look at Brenna, who instead of being happy that Callaghan would be exposed, has a morose expression on her face.

Wasn't she the over-enthusiastic one in all of this?

If you let this happen, I know you'll regret this for the rest of your life. I know you will.

So you mean to say, that someone who leaked the papers shouldn't be punished?

What Michelle did-

She's Callaghan.

-was bad. But, just look at it from a different point of view. Lucy is such a bright student. But she got distracted and if she failed, one year would've been wasted. And she would've been devastated.

But it wasn't fair.

But it was out of compassion. And Mich-

Callaghan.