34

The scene in front of my eyes is partly amusing and partly confusing. Amusing due to the fact that both of their cheeks are filled with cake and pushed against each other which makes them look comical. Confusing because I used to think Callaghan was mad about Brandon.

I try to shift my expression into something which suits the environment more, especially when all eyes are on me, but it's impossible. My brain just won't let it happen.

The best I can do is maintain a neutral face. Which I try my best to do.

"What the fuck," I hear Aaron mutter under his breath.

"What happened?" Brenna whispers, loud enough for anyone to hear in that silent room. "Who's that girl kissing that Aiden ?"

"Michelle." I mumble, biting down hard on my lips to prevent myself from smiling.

Brenna gasps. "Wh- are you serious? Is that really Michelle?"

I look at Brenna in surprise. She sounds very sober now.

"Yeah, it is."

"Okay enough," she growls and bends down. I look downwards to see her opening her two-inch strappy heels and gathering them in her hand.

"What are you doing?" I ask her. She doesn't respond and unstraps the second slipper.

"Aaron, what is she-" I begin to say when, to my horror, Brenna dashes towards Callaghan and pounces on her with her shoe.

"You bitch!" She reaches out to hit Callaghan, who bends down just in time, so the blow falls on Aiden's head.

"Argh-!" Aiden groans loudly, clutching his forehead. "What the-"

"Brenna, what the hell?" Callaghan yells at her.

"First you abandon me, then you cheat on Brandon with this piece of shit in front of everyone?" Brenna shouts and tries to hit her again.

"Brenna, stop!" Josaiah - a Body member- pulls her back and tries to drag her away from Callaghan. Aaron runs up to her too and soon there are two groups gathered there— one surrounding Brenna, trying to calm her down and the other surrounding Aiden, swooning over him.

I belong to none. I'm just enjoying the view.

He isn't even that hurt, I want to shout at them. He is too strong to be hurt by a skinny geek's weak hit.

Aaron's head suddenly pops up from the crowd, and calls out my name.

I look at him questioningly.

"We're going home now!" He shouts, throwing Brenna's car keys towards me. I catch it as he says, "Go down and start the engine."

I do as he says and exit the apartment.

I wonder how Brandon is feeling about all this.

Wait, where's Brandon?

I pop in, to look for him again, but he's nowhere to be found.

"What the shit are you waiting for, Jennifer?" Aaron shouts at me, dragging a still wild Brenna with him as he walks towards me.

I nod and rush down the stairs hurriedly.

Once we three are inside the car, with me behind the wheel and the other two in the backseat, Brenna starts slurring again, too loudly.

"She thinks she's the queeeeen, doesn't she?" She shouts, kicking my seat. "She's an asshole! A plastic, fake asshole! I was with her since Kindergarten, wasn't I Aaron? We were so good.."