Chapter 24

A week has passed, and im leaving. Going back. I don't wanna go back. If only I didn't promise Kian that I would come to his birthday party, I wouldn't go. It's Cameron's birthday in few days, too. "Are you okay?" asked Dad, while tapping me on the shoulder. We're at the airport now.

"Yes. Im fine," I responded to him.

"Ashley, when are we gonna see each other again?" asked Skylynn.

"You're going to visit us for Nash's birthday, you'll finally get to see your room!" I said in a cheerful way. She giggled and gave me a hug.

"Can we talk?" asked Mom, Elizabeth. I turned around to face her, and I gave a short nod. Hayes forced her to come. We started walking few steps away from them.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I heard... I don't want you to show them that you're broken. You should prove Cameron that he's wrong for giving up on you. Show him what he lost," she smiled at me.

I gave out a big smile, while staring at her. "Thank you," I said. "How did you find out about that?" I asked her.

"Chad told me... I just acted like I didn't know anything," she started explaining. "Your Dad is right, you should have talked to Nash about it. He would understand."

"It doesn't matter anymore," I shrugged.

"Why? Because Cameron is with Rachel?" she said. "Are you even sure he's dating her? You only saw pictures of them, right?" she added, while giving me a look.

"Well yeah," I answered.

"See, whatever happens. I still want you to smile. Don't ever show them the pain," she said again.

"Thanks Mom," I told her as she gave me a hug. This is our first time to talk like this. I never thought that she cares about me. Now, I don't wanna go anymore. I just wanna stay here, and create that bond with her. That would be great. However, I don't want to break a promise. There is still next time. It's not like this is the end of the world.

My plane landed, and I went out of the airport. I looked around to look for Bryant's car, but there was no sign for it. I decided to walked out of the parking lot, when I finally saw Nash with Jack.

"Fin!!!!" I yelled, while running to him. He spread out his arms, as I gave him a hug. He lifted me up, and I was still hugging him tightly.

"Im here too," said Nash.

"Hey!!" I said with a laugh. I pulled out from Finn's hug and I gave Nash a short hug. "Hi Bryant!" I greeted.

"What are you doing here? I missed you so much! I thought I wouldn't see you anymore until next year or something!!" I said to Finn.

"Calm down. It's Cameron's birthday in few days, remember? We have to go to his party," he responded. Nash started putting my bags to Bryant's car, while Bryant went inside the car. Then Finn was guiding me into the car. Right, It's Cameron's birthday soon. I don't think Im ready to see him yet. In fact, I don't want to see his face. Even though, I missed him so badly, I still can't stand the fact about what had happened. Who would have thought he'll let go of me that fast? Eh, It's my fault.

"Oh. Right. Yeah. Okay," I mumbled, as I sat down. The car started and we finally went on our way. Nash was sitting on the passenger seat, while Bryant was driving. Then, there's me and Finn sitting beside each other, trying not to talk about Cameron while Nash is around.

"How was hanging with your new bestfriend, Chris?" asked Finn.

"Hey, he is not my bestfriend. No one can ever replace you," I rolled my eyes.

He started laughing, as he pinch my cheeks. "I know. I know," he said. "But, how was it?" he asked again.

"It was alright, I met his siblings: Crawford and Karisma," I answered.

"What about his other sister?" he asked.

"She wasn't with them that time, so I didn't meet her," I replied. We continued talking until we got to my condo building. The three of them helped me bring my bags upstairs, even though I was only bringing one luggage, and a hand bag.

"Thanks guys," I said to the three of them.

"We'll get going," hug Nash.

"I'll just follow you guys," said Finn to Bryant and Nash. I said my goodbyes to Nash and Bryant, as they were leaving my unit.

"What's up?" I asked Finn.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"About what?" I said confusedly. "Going to the party tomorrow night?" I added.

"Yeah," he said. "You'll see Cameron. Are you sure, you're ready?"

"Finn. Everything's gonna be alright. I don't care if Cameron is gonna be there. Who cares?" I said, sarcastically.

"Alright. But, If you feel uncomfortable at the party... you have to tell me, okay?" he said, while hugging me. I thanked him. Then he left.
In all seriousness, I don't really care if Cameron is going to be there. I don't care if Rachel is with him. I don't care at all. Im fine. If he moved on, I have too. After all, Cameron and I, have to face each other.