9: The Making of Mr. Holey

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters all rights go to J.K. Rowling. I only own Marley and Clary.

Chapter 9: The Making of Mr. Hole

            Once they were gone it was like the house was empty. Mrs. Weasley and Ginny were cleaning up the kitchen while Clary and I were playing wizard chess. It was strange, it was like when you were about to take the opponents piece it would come to live and destroy the piece. Clary was pretty good, I was already losing badly.

"Mommy you're not wery good at this." She replied with a smile, as I looked to see I had one knight 3 pawns and my king left, while Clary had all her pieces except for a knight. How did that happen? I was losing chess to my three year old daughter, this is a disappointment.

"Yeah, I'm not... How bout we call it quits and say you won?" I asked her as she nodded. Good, no more being beaten by a three year old, though she was almost 4, her birthday would be in a couple of days. I wonder what I would get her; I mean I haven't really been working so how could I pay for her gift? But I do have money with me, not a lot but maybe enough to get her a present?

"Mommy, when are Freddie and Georgie coming back?" Clary asked as I looked at her. She was so innocent.

"They'll be back soon. Don't worry dear. Now I think you should go to bed, by the time you wake up in the morning everyone will be back and you'll even get to meet someone new." I said with hallow enthusiasm as she smiled.

"Alright mommy!" she exclaimed with a huge smile. "Can you stay with me before I fall asleep?" she asked as I smiled.

"Sure. Ginny, I'm going to go put Clary to sleep call me if they come alright?" I asked as she nodded, she was looking out the window. Harry would be coming, she had told me she loved him, and I'm sure right now she's as anxious as I am about Fred. Wait, no I don't love Fred like that, I can't. I shook my head away from those thoughts as I walked with Clary into the room, Clary and I had officially token over the bed, while Ginny and Hermione slept on little beds on the ground. I don't know how many times I've told them they could have the bed, while Clary and I sleep on the floor but they just shake their head and tell us to have the bed... Clary climbed into bed, already in her pink nightgown. I laid down next to her, as I saw her little blonde curls spread on the bed, and she looked up at me in the dark with those beautiful sky blue eyes like mine. They were beautiful, but they just reminded me of what my father must have looked like before he became like this.

"Mommy, are Freddie and Georgie going to be alright?" she asked looking up at me. I smiled.

"Of course. You know those two, they are not about to let some bad guys take them down. They are too clever for that." I replied as she smiled.

"They are pretty smart. Maybe they'll throw farts at them!" she said with a giggle as I laughed, it wasn't too hard to imagine them throwing some kind of stink bomb at the death eaters.

"Yes, maybe" I said suppressing my giggles as well. "Now it's time for you to go to bed." I replied looking at the little girl, she only frowned.

"I can't... I'm worried about Freddie and Georgie." She replied, I sighed, I knew how close she was to them, and I mean they were literally inseparable when together. "Can you sing to me mommy?" she asked me, I was a little taken back, I haven't sung to her for a long time. I think the last time was maybe 2 months ago.

"Sure. What do you want to hear?" I asked looking down at her, hoping my singing voice was still in tact.

"The Bird Song!" She exclaimed with a smile as I smiled down at her, and started to sing. It was a song I heard one day on the radio and I just loved the song so whenever I put Clary to sleep I sing her that dong.