Chapter Forty

Chapter Forty

It had fallen night by the time we had gotten into Stiles' Jeep. I sat in the back with Isaac as we drove to Coupe de foudre. We had called Allison explaining that we know where Lydia is and she needs to get here ASAP.

I looked over at Stiles, taking in his appearance. Wow, he has certainly changed since I first met him. He's more thin and pale, and it made me scared to think that he looked like he was dying. And, I don't want to lose Stiles, not when we had just gotten him back.

"Hey, you okay?" I snapped out thoughts as Stiles had spoken to Scott.

"Yeah," Scott answered, leaning in the seat. "Yeah. You don't have to worry about me."

"All right, I'll say it." Isaac jumped in from beside me. "You looked like you're dying. You're pale, thin and you look like you're getting worse. And we're all sitting here thinking it. When we find the other you, is he gonna look like he's getting better?"

"What happens if he gets hurt?" Scott questioned soon after.

"You mean if he dies, do I die?" Stiles corrected Scott. "I don't care. Just as long as no dies because of me. I remember everything I did, Scott. I remember pushing that sword into you. I remember twisting it."

My heart hammered painfully, I didn't want him to die. No one wanted him to die. "It wasn't you." Scott quickly told him.

"Yeah, but I remember it." Stiles fought back. "You guys gotta promise me. You can't let anyone else get hurt because of me."

Scott nodded hesitantly and I inhaled, hating this conversation. We had finally pulled up outside of Coupe de foudre, Allison and Kira meeting us there. Stiles turned off the engine and we all climbed out.

Allison and Kira had gone outside the gates of Coupe de foudre. "Addison," Allison breathes, looking at me. Allison hands me the dagger that held in her spare hand, nodding. "Addison, just in case something happens,"

"Don't say that," I whispered fearfully, taking the dagger from her as we had walked closer to each other. "Allison nothing is going to happen tonight expect for getting Lydia out of here."

"I know," she whispered. "But I'm going to tell you what I told Dad. I love you. I'm proud of us. And remember you are so freaking strong, Addison."

I felt like I was gonna tear up and I pulled her into and meaningful hug, holding her. "I love you too."

Allison smiled gently and pulled away, holding her crossbow aside. The boys had piled out of the car.  We all stand outside Coupe de foudre's gate hesitantly. It was kind of spooky and definitely looked like it was old.

"We've done this before, guys." Scott begins, looking at all of us. "A couple of weeks ago we were just standing around just like this and we saved Malia, remember?" Some of us nodded. "That was a total stranger. This is Lydia."

"I'm here to save my best friend." Allison strongly noted, looking around our friends.

Scott looked at Stiles. "I came to save mine."

"I just didn't feel like doing any homework," Isaac admitted, standing next to Kira and everyone gave him a look. He ignored all of us and walked inside Coupe de foudre's gates.

We all soon followed in behind him. We had walked in and Mrs. Yukimura stands there almost glaring at her daughter. "Kira, turn around and go home." Two Oni's stand behind Mrs. Yukimura. "Take your friends' with you."

Allison had pulled an arrow from her arrow bag and put it in her bow I had twirled my dagger around my fingers for a few seconds. "I can't." Kira stands opposite her mother. "When I looked at the game I realised who I was actually playing. You."