024

Chan's P.O.V

I was laying in my bed, just staring up at the ceiling. It's currently two in the morning and I can't sleep. I'm still riding off that high of Jeongin telling me he loves me. I smiled to myself. My phone buzzed on my nightstand, but I decided to ignore it. It's probably just Jisung or Woojin. But the buzzing continued, and soon, the doorbell began to ring as well. I jumped out of bed and ran into Felix on the way out.

"Who's at the door this late at night?" Mom questioned as she walked out of her bedroom, wrapping her robe around herself. "Felix! Please open the door!" Jeongin. Felix ran to the door, swinging it open to reveal a disheveled Jeongin, his eyes puffy and his cheeks stained with tears. "Oh my god, Jeongin, what's wrong?" The younger latched onto Felix, crying his eyes out. "He's out." "Who's out?" Jeongin sobbed, clutching onto Felix's shirt even tighter. "Raein."

"Okay, can you tell me what happened?" Felix was holding Jeongin while the younger sipped on a cup of milk. Mom and I sat on the couch, facing Felix and Jeongin. "I was gonna go to bed and as I was getting ready, my phone started to ding and it didn't stop. I figured it might be you or Seungmin or Hyunjin-" "Hyunjin? As in Hyung's friend?" The younger nodded, "We got on really well and we became friends. Anyway, I picked up my phone and there were like 10 messages from an unknown number. And when I opened them..." The younger trailed off, staring into space.

"Jeongin, honey, you can tell us in the morning if you'd like." Mom reassured him, smiling warmly at the younger. Jeongin mirrored her smile before responding, "I'd rather talk about it now that way I can get it over with." She only nodded in response, understanding where he was coming from. "They were all from Raein. I could tell. The way he talks to me is so unique that it can't be anybody else." "What did he say?" Felix questioned, sounding as if he were weary of asking. "He basically told me that he's out, that nobody else can have me, and that he'll be coming to see me soon." I stiffened, my blood boiling. He thinks that he still owns Jeongin. In his sick and twisted mind, Jeongin still belongs to him even though he's the one who sent him away. I will not let that monster near my precious Baby Boy. He'll have to go through me first and I doubt he can do that. 

"Mrs. Lee." Jeongin began, playing with his thumbs. "There's something we need to tell you and I feel like now is a good time." He glanced at me before looking back at mom. "I'm dating your son." She just stared at him for a second before looking over at me, then back at Jeongin. "Why am I always the last to know things with you boys." She pouted. "I find that lovely." She turned towards me, love and adoration in her eyes. "You take care of my Jeongin."

My mouth fell open as Felix burst out laughing. "But...Mom! I'm your son." She shrugged, turning to smile at the younger. I smiled to myself as I looked at Jeongin. I will protect him with everything I have.

Jeongin's parents told Felix that they think it would be best for him to stay with us for a while. They knew about Jeongin and Raein, but didn't know what kind of relationship they had. Jeongin decided to not tell his parents about us right now. He figured that with everything going on, they wouldn't be happy to know he was with another person, in fear of past events happening again. Which I understood.

"Felix, why don't you and Chan go get Jeongin's bags from his house?" The younger only nodded as he and I got up and left for Jeongin's house. "Hyung? Can I ask you something?" "Of course, Felix." He seemed nervous but really sad at the same time. I mean, if my best friend was in danger I'd be hella depressed too. "Do you think he will hurt Jeongin?" Do I? I don't think so. "I don't." "Why?" I glanced at the younger as we stopped in front of Jeongin's house. It was small but cute. "Because I will do everything in my power to protect him. Raein may be a scary man but I'm a bigger man." Felix smiled softly to himself. "I'm really glad you came home, Hyung." Returning his smile, I placed my hand on his shoulder. "I am too. Now let's go get his stuff so that we can help him settle in."

~

"But I wanna sleep in Chan-Hyung's room~" Jeongin was arguing with mom about where he would sleep and mom was having none of it. "I do not like the idea of my baby staying in a room with his older boyfriend." "Mom! Again! I am your son." She shrugged it off, placing her hands on the younger's shoulders. "You will set up in Felix's room, and you can sleep in Chan's room a couple nights a week. Deal?" Jeongin thought for a second, nodding his head in defeat. Mom smiled, "Good."

She walked into the kitchen, telling us that she was going to make breakfast. Jeongin pranced closer to me, sitting on my lap. I smiled warmly at the younger, placing my hands on his waist. He didn't say anything, he just gazed into my eyes. "I meant what I said yesterday." "What do you mean, Baby?" His bottom lip was tucked in between his teeth. "That I love you. I meant it."
My heart began to race, not in fear, but in excitement. "I know, Baby. I love you, too." He smiled warmly, his cheeks flushing pink. "Awe, is my baby blushing?" I teased, poking his cheek. "No~" He whined, burying his head in the crook of my neck. I chuckled, rubbing his back. "I think you're beautiful when you blush, Baby." "You do?" His voice was muffled as he refused to sit back. I nodded, running my fingers through his hair. "You're beautiful anyway, but I think when you blush, it makes you glow." The younger whined, finally sitting back. "Why are you so good to me?" Taking his hands in mine, I looked into his eyes and reminded him, "Because, Baby Boy. I told you before; you deserve to be loved."