029

Jeongin's P.O.V

"You can run, but you can't hide. I will always find you, no matter where you are. You belong to me and you cannot change that." Raein caressed my cheek as he grinned, pure evil evident in his dark eyes. "Why don't you just submit now before it's too late? Maybe then I won't be too hard on you, hm?" I gulped, shaking my head as I backed away, silent tears streaming down my face. "I-I'm not yours. Not anymore. My heart belongs to Ch-" "Don't say his name!" He shouted, rushing towards me. I backed up until my back hit the wall, Raein pinning me against it as he glared daggers into my soul. "Do not say his name. You are not his, you never were. Don't think for a second that you're precious 'Daddy' can save you. I will have what's mine, Kitten, and you know that."

I jolted up, my head hitting the blankets of the fort. I looked around, taking notice of how the three boys around me were still awake, 'The Incredibles' still playing on the TV. I must have not been asleep for that long. "Jeongin, are you okay?" Hyunjin questioned softly as he paused the movie, him and Felix looking concerned. "Did you have another nightmare?" I looked at my best friend, tears spilling from my eyes as I crawled onto his lap, burying my head in the crook of his neck. Felix held me close, rubbing soft circles onto my back. "Hey, it's okay. It was just a bad dream, alright? I promise." I sobbed my eyes out, fear engulfing me.

What if I can't hide from him? What if, no matter what I do, I can't escape him? "Hyunjin, would you mind going to get him some milk?" I could hear Hyunjin reply with a soft 'yeah' as he left the fort. "Jeongin," Felix began as he pushed me back a little, smiling softly at me. "What can we do to cheer you up?" I thought for a second, sniffling back some tears, as I looked down at my lap. Hyunjin reentered the fort, handing me a glass of milk. I softly thanked him, sipping on the cold liquid, instantly feeling a bit more relaxed.

I looked up at Felix, earning a small smile from him. "Can we...Can we go play more games?" His smile grew as he nodded, "Of course. As long as you're okay with getting your ass kicked again." I giggled, shaking my head. "I'll definitely kick your ass this time." I got off of Felix's lap, him and Hyunjin going to the game lounge. I instantly felt bad because I once again ran to Felix instead of Chan. Looking across the fort, I noticed Chan staring fondly at me. "What..?" I questioned, blushing under his gaze. He gestured for me to come closer, so I crawled over to him and sat on his lap, straddling him.

"Are you mad at me...?" I whispered, playing with my thumbs. He lifted my chin up, looking at me confused. "Now why would I be mad at you, Baby Boy?" I tried to look anywhere but him. "I don't know...I feel bad for always running to Felix..." After a few seconds of silence, I finally adverted my attention back to him, softening as I met his warm eyes. "Baby, I do not mind that you run to Felix. I'm just happy you have somebody to run to. Felix is your best friend and your caregiver, of course you're going to run to him. You feel comfortable and safe with him. That's not a bad thing, Baby."

"But I feel safe with you...I just feel bad because I-" "Baby." He cut me off, smiling warmly at me. "Don't feel bad. I promise, you are not hurting my feelings or anything. Okay?" I nodded, smiling softly at him. He raised his brow, making me blush under his gaze now. "Okay, Daddy." "Good boy." My cheeks burned at the affirmation, only making Chan grin. "You know, we need to address your affirmation kink, Baby Boy." I only nodded before rushing out of the fort, running to the game lounge.

~

Hyunjin went to bed about an hour ago, practically falling down the steps with how drowsy he was. Felix and I were now wired with energy after playing three rounds of Dance Dance Revolution. Chan didn't seem affected by the lack of sleep as he sat on the couch in the corner of the gaming lounge. He was reading one of his books, seeming really engulfed in it.

"Okay, it's like four in the morning, you should go to bed." Felix stated as he tried to catch his breath. I shook my head, fear slowly overcoming me. "I don't wanna." He looked at me with worrisome eyes but could only nod. "Well, then you can find something to do with Hyung, because I am pooped." He pointed his finger at me, glaring. "Something appropriate." I giggled but nodded, "Understood." "Good. I'm gonna go lay on my floor and breathe for about an hour." I giggled at him as he walked out of the lounge, wheezing in an over dramatic way.

Glancing over at Chan, I realized he was already looking at me, curiosity written on his face. I blushed, looking down at my feet. "Why...Why are you looking at me like that?" "No reason." He shrugged before getting up and walking closer to me. As he neared, I looked up at him, meeting his gaze. "How are you holding up, Baby Boy?" "I'm okay...I could be better but I'm doing alright for the most part." I smiled softly, earning a smile in return. "Is there anything I can do to help you feel better?"

Immediately my thoughts turned dirty but I knew this wasn't the time nor the place for that. "Can..." I looked down at my feet, tugging my bottom lip between my teeth, not sure how to ask for this. Chan lifted my chin up, his brow raised slightly. "Can you what, Baby? We can do whatever it is that your little heart desires." My heart began to race at his words. Not because of fear or anxiety, but because he makes me feel special. He's willing to do anything to make sure that I am at my best.

"Can we cuddle and you read to me?" I spoke softly, and I watched as his eyes lit up and sparkled with happiness. "Of course we can, Baby Boy." He took hold of my hand and began walking back to the living room. "What book would you like me to read to you?" "Any of them is fine. You can read me what you're reading now." Chan smiled softly as he nodded. We crawled back into the fort, Chan taking his spot against the couch once again. I cuddled up to his side, resting my head on his chest, as he grabbed his book and began reading to me.

His voice is so soothing as he speaks softly. I could feel myself slowly drifting off to sleep and I didn't try to stop it. I feel safe in Chan's arms. I feel comfort and warmth when I'm with him, and right now, that's all I need. Comfort, warmth, security, and Chan's love.