Synopsis

Enduring a high fever for days without care from anyone, Charlotte Ava Krauser, the adopted daughter of one of Gouvenia Kingdom's three Dukedoms faced a near-death experience inside her bedroom, alone and unloved.

When she was eight years old and about to die from starvation, she was mistaken by Duchess Freya Krauser as her missing daughter, Charlotte Sophia Krauser who was kidnapped six months ago. Almost driven mad from her daughter's disappearance, the Duchess put up a facade to protect her own mind, bringing the beggar girl to their home and insisting that she is the missing Charlotte.

Forced to play along for the sake of the Duchess, the Duke and his three sons allowed the commoner to act as Charlotte just until the Duchess recovers. However, the Duchess passed away a month later and left a written will with the little girl's official adoption papers. She was officially named a Krauser and by the will of the Duchess, her real name is to be a middle name next to the first name Charlotte.

"Child, what is your name?" the Duke asked her one rainy day.

"Ava," the lottle girl answered.

"Your name is now Charlotte Ava Krauser. Remember it well," he then told her.

However, Ava learned later that she only became a part of their family by name. The Duke cared nothing about her as long as she kept herself out of the way. But in comparison to his mere negligence and ignorance, his three sons were far worse.

Landon Everett Krauser, eldest and heir to the Dukedom is four years older than Ava and seemed to hate her very existence for ruining the peace in the Duchy. Brandon Harley Krauser, eleven years old and an apprentice knight seemed to convince himself that Ava took advantage of their mother's fragile condition to have herself adopted into their family. Greyson Wesley Krauser, aged ten and the only one among the siblings with magical aptitude accused Ava of trying to replace their sister in entirety. With all these prejudices, Ava grew up with the three boys and have lived with them for seven years.

It wasn't a surprise at all for Ava to suffer from much abuse inflicted by the brothers but sadly, even the servants of the Duchy saw her as a pushover and a scapegoat to relieve their stress from work. Their cruelty reached an ultimatum when Ava turned fifteen, neglected and almost lifeless.

After experiencing a near-death experience, Ava realized that dying would be a much better option than to endure living inside the Duchy. Thus, she decided to die.

That however, is easier said than done. After several failed attempts at suicide, security around her tightened that even her breathing was being watched twenty-four-seven.

All of a sudden, Ava notices the changes in her useless and mundane life starting with the Healer who wanted to save her and the three brothers who tormented her childhood, but it was only after a peculiar meeting with a certain girl who claims to be her in a past life that Ava began to reform her plan to die.

"I am not changing my objective. I still want to die. Thus, let us die someday, but only from old age... Yes... Let us die peacefully..."

Embarking on a journey armed with the information that her former self gave her, Ava begins her plan to leave the Duchy, reclaim her life and live far, far away from the Krauser Dukedom. There, she would spend every day of her life growing a vegetable patch in a tranquil countryside and die a peaceful death as an old woman by the porch of a beloved little house.

But is it really that easy for things to go Ava's way?