Chapter Six pt 1

Chapter Six

Eial didn't want to question the demon's shift in attention the past several hours. He was told to believe in him, and that's what he was going to do. Try to do.

Sure, the demon had been scary, but Eial could tell he'd been holding himself back. The demon was going to try his best now. Working together, being together, building a future together.

A cool gust of wind moved the elf's bangs to the side, and his eyes wandered to what he could see of the bright moon through the tree leaves. The ground scattered a bluish hue with shadows of black. Gently, a warm hand caressed his shoulder.

"Should we go to bed now?" the deep voice called near his ear.

A light blush glowed on Eial's face, and he was guided towards their sleeping chamber. The demon jumped in first before reaching out his hands, motioning for the elf to jump down. Eial wore a shy smile before he went forward and fell comfortably into the demon's arms.

Well, that was the plan anyway.

On his clumsy fall down, Eial's knee jabbed the demon's rib and their skulls almost slammed together, if not for the elf's quick reflexes that moved them away. Whatever the demon had held onto of the elf, he let go and covered the place of impact near his chest with a groan.

"Fuck," the demon swore. This is what I get for acting nice.

"Oh no oh no, I'm so sorry! Gosh, I'm so careless," Eial called out frazzled apologies after apologies as he frantically lifted the taller one's top and started to heal the bruising area with a soft glow from his hand.

"Ask before you strip a man," snickered the demon, flinching at the pain before the healing took effect.

"Strip? I'm merely accessing the injury directly. It's best for healing," the elf explained with unchanged expression.

"Right..." the demon sighed, resigned. "You go on about bonds but feel nothing when your bond is standing with a bare chest in front of you."

"Am I supposed to feel something? You are injured and I am treating you. But I apologize if my action was rude. I will be sure to ask next time."

The horned being ruffled Eial's hair sweetly. "No, keep doing what you do. I've taken a liking to your sporadic acts and incomprehensible reactions."

Eial bit his lower lip and a dark rose tinge covered his face.

"You like it when I compliment you."

"Well... yes. It feels like I am doing the right thing."

The demon's hands moved down to cup the elf's moonlit cheeks. "Don't worry about doing the right or wrong thing. Let yourself act freely. Speak freely"

"I wish to act in a way that pleases you," the elf stated quietly as his round, green eyes looked away.

An emotionless smile grew on the demon as his thumb caressed the elf's soft skin. "My elf is too kind."

Moving away from the demon, Eial figited as his face grew an even deeper shade of pink and his lips curved upward. Continuing to avoid the demon's gaze he murmured, "It's healed. Sorry for hurting you," and then quickly turned and laid on his bed, facing away from the demon.

"Sure is helpful to have a healer," the demon whispered in a deep, sultry tone.

Still facing away, Eial added, "I put the medicine next to your bed. Just one dose. It's only a little bitter, but mostly floral and sweet. It'll help you fall asleep."

"My sweet Eial takes such good care of me," the demon said, eyeing the bulged piece of folded leaf near his bedside. A cold smile plastered on his face and a sharp gleam lit his eyes as he purred a "thank you". He turned to his own bed lying face down before staring at the elf in dark satisfaction. "Good night."

A moment of silence, and then the elf shuffled, putting his hood on and covering himself completely with his cloak until he rolled into a ball. "I'm not sure what you were hoping of me to feel seeing your chest, but...," he paused and tightened into a ball more. "But, your skin smells nice. And your body heat feels nice."

The demon's eyes grew wide and blinked a few times before sputtering a laugh. "You can smell and feel it anytime you please," he flirted with raised brows to ignore the spark that scattered in his chest.

Surprising the horned beast, Eial unraveled himself and spun around to face the demon, a charmingly sweet smile on his face. "Goodnight," he said, turning the attention to his beautiful green eyes that sparkled even in the darkness.

Something seemed to melt like a wax candle in the demon's chest and his breath stilled. Hell, he thought and turned away in a frown. Before long, lengthy breaths of the elf's slumber filled the room. And in reluctance, the horned being was left with nothing but himself, his mind, and the pacing of his beating heart.