Saviour And Sacrifice

Momina Abdul Majeed

"Hands off my woman, you a*shole " Came in Murad's voice, which made Humdaan spin around abruptly, and an ear to ear smile plastered on my face. There he stood, at the door wearing a blue shirt, paired with white pants. And the moment his eyes landed on me, something crossed his face and his features softened. I could feel tears pool in my eyes as a whisper left my mouth "Murad!"

His gaze then shifted to Humdaan and he walked towards him, who was merely a foot away from me. "What are you doing here?" Humdaan demanded in a loud voice.

"What do you think I've come here when you have something that belongs to me?" He counteracted, standing a meter away. There was no sign of anger in his voice or his posture. He very casually, propped his elbows on the desk and stood not breaking his gaze from Humdaan.

"Nothing belongs to you here anymore. Momina----"

"First, don't you take her name from that tongue of yours. Second, you guys are not married yet, so technically, she is still my wife." Murad said this with utmost calmness and the side of his mouth twitched in a smile and was put together all the time. But, as the words left his mouth, I could see Humdaan's body go tense, his back was facing me.

Marry? So he was going to marry me in here? Wasn't his plan of breaking Murad and I working that he had to turn to me, now? That's what he meant when he said 'make you mine'. And that's the reason why Mirza and Rohan were calling me bhabhi (sister-in-law) all this time. And obviously their Boss's wife  has to treated nicely, no matter what. But the question here is how does Murad know about all this?

"That's enough." Roared Humdaan, slamming his hands on the metal desk. "Rohan! Mirza! Where are---"

"Oh, they won't be able to serve you anymore. We had a small talk, a few minutes ago and they left." Murad filled the glass with water, that I drank from and placed it on his lips. But before he could take a sip from it, the glass went smashing on the floor, barely an inch to my side, due to Humdaan's punch. The next moment, Humdaan's fist connected with Murad's nose, making him take only a few steps back. 

He regained his posture back in a few seconds, saying "You thought it would be that easy."

Another punch came his way before he knew it and stumbled backward. Humdaan was burning with rage, but not even a part of it was evident on Murad. He was not fighting back, for a reason unknown to me. He smiled looking at Humdaan and his anger. But I knew this was the calm before the actual storm.

"You thought you could set me up with a girl like Aliya and fool my wife around!" He yelled.

 A girl like Aliya? What does he mean? Oh! The picture someone sent me of Murad and a girl together. That, someone, was clearly Humdaan but... What could I expect from someone as low as Aliya? What was I even thinking? Of Course, Humdaan knew about our sour relation, and of course who could not take an opportunity from all this?

"That w*ore. I knew I shouldn't have approached her in the first place." Said Humdaan, running a hand through his hair in frustration. "That f*cking sl*t, told you all this, didn't she? Lord! What was I even thinking?"

"Thanks for letting me know all that. It's not that I am changing anything now." He said after a pause and as he took a step towards me, Murad grabbed him by the collar of this tux and pulled him backward, saying "Good. Because I won't let you change your mind either."

With this he pulled back his hand and landed a punch, aiming at his nose. The blood spluttered around, making Humdaan groan in pain. Before he could comprehend, Murad kicked him in the gut after punching him there several times and Humdaan fell to the floor. Not wasting a second, Murad came on top and landed punch after punch across his jaw, till he laid there unconscious. Murad got up effortlessly and rushed towards me with blood oozing out of his nose.