7

I woke up taking in my surroundings, I was in a stone built house "good morning" a little girl says and am confused as I get up and my head throbs, I haven eaten in two days "hi... where am I?" I asked with a dry voice "in our house, you fainted and I brought you here but you were really heavy. This me and my sister's bedroom" she says. She is very beautiful yet she is dirty and her clothes are too, poor thing but where am I? "You're very beautiful" she comments and I smile "Thank you, so are you. Where are your parents? Do they mind me staying here or....." I trailed off as I saw the look on her face "my father died during the war" she says sadly "I'm so sorry" "and my mother died having my sister. It's just us now" she says and I see a tear tricked down her big beautiful brown eyes, I embraced her and kissed her forehead then wiped her tears "where is your sister?" I ask "she is sleeping" she answers and I look around "not here, on the table" she says and i am confused "how old is she?" I asked "she is only a week" she says and I am surprised then guilt washes over me as I realized "please take me to her" I say and she nods then I followed her.

"My name is Layla, it means born at night" she says and I smile "that's a beautiful name" I say and we got to the kitchen like small room, on a small table laid a small baby, I quickly got on my knees then delicately picked her up "Does she have a name?" I ask as I took in the baby's beautiful features that looked like her sister "no. Mother never got to name her and father died before battle but I call her Tefal, it means baby" she says and I nod then looked back at the baby, she was all dirty and she might be not even fed.

This is is unrealistic!

I have to be a mother now, I can't leave theses kids by themselves. "Is there a big bowl I can wash her?" I ask and Layla thinks "no, I soled all the big bowls for food" she answers then I sighed "is there a river near by?" I asked and she nods "but it's a bit far" I she says and I shrugged "it would be worth a walk"

I got a cloth and tied Tefal on my back. Wow. I never thought I'd ever do this in my life. I tied her on my back and Layla lead the way.

"Would you like me to name your sister?" I asked as we were walking on the sand. She nodded happily "yes please" she says and I think. I don't know any Egyptian names other than the Queen's and Pharaohs of Egypt. "Hey, Layla?" I asked "Yes?"

"What's Beautiful in your language?" I asked "it's jamila" she answers "then problem solved." I say and she squeals and hugs me with her arms wrapped around my waist "thank you"

"You're welcome"

After some time of walking, Layla says "you're very beautiful, you remind me of my mother.....can I call you mother?" I asked and I don't know what to say. "Of course you can" I say and she squealed then we reached the river, I drank some water along with Layla and I also helped Jamila drink some water. I washed her as Layla jumped inside washing herself.

Some time, we got an idea to make jars then we did. You would think that in cartoon, making a jar was easy but it hard and we had to wait for it to dry, I had already put Jamila to sleep while Layla fell asleep on the sand. The sun was up and about, shining as I moved a lock of hair away from Layla's face then I kissed her forehead.

My mind drifted off back to Tutankhamun. What was he doing? Did he find out I was missing and was he looking for me? And I'm sure Ankhesenamun was smiling happily now that I'm gone and Akhim, should I tell the Pharaoh what he had done to me? No. He's going to lose trust in me and if I don't tell him then I'm going to lose Tutankhamun, not in a way of dying but in a way of love.

I admit, I have fallen in love with him, everyday I miss him, his soft but royal voice, his dark mysterious eyes, his long hair. I'm sure I want to marry him....but.....what about Layla and Jamila? If I bring them back, will he accept them? I doubt he would and if he doesn't reject them then they'll have to stay alone without a parent and they'll die if starvation.....

No! That's never happening, I'm never letting that happen again. It happened to me once and I'm not letting it again.

I hadn't noticed the jars were done drying. I woke Layla up and we took them and made our journey back to the house we call a home. The walk too half day to get to the river and it took half day to go back to the village and when we got back, it was already dark at night. We got in the stone home and Layla slumped on the bed. Poor girl. "Is there any food I can make?" I ask her "there only lentils Ummi" she answers sleepy and my heart dropped when she called me that.

This is either a heart touching moment or a awkward moment because I have never been call that. And plus, I hate lentils! I sigh, putting Jamila down next to Layla then i went through my pocket in my dress, there i found a few golden coins that I was going to give the orphan kids on my visit today but I was kidnapped. I rolled my eyes on that thought "Listen Layla, I need you to look after your sister, is there an open market nearby?" I asked and she yawns "yes, it's nit format from the house" she says and I smiled and kissed her forehead along with Jamila then I went out.

I saw an open market, I bought rice and thank goodness it was enough then I went back to the house

Okay, it's time for a quick history test. Ancient Egyptian houses have a cooking fireplace, where are they kept?

I looked around and found it in the middle then I started cooking. By the way, do I even know how to cook? Oh yea, my mom thought me, I cooked rice and lentils and I prayed that it must be good and then called Layla, she ate and I fed Jamila water. I don't know if i should feed her food. I have never in my life read a book about PARENTING IN ANCIENT EGYPT. I ate a bit if lentils with rice and It isn't that bad, Layla loved it so much, I could tell.

After dinner, we went to sleep. I sang a lullaby my birth mother used to sing then they both surprisingly fell asleep and I too fell in a peaceful slumber.....