16

Catori

We had a small celebration of the birth of the prince. I wore a white and gold dress, Tutankhamun accompanied me by wearing a white and gold attire. Ankhesenamun wore her favourite gold, accompanied by Jamilah and Layla. Kaizer accompanied by wearing white and gold too.

We were at the audience chambers outside where two men were battling "my love, are you sure it's a good idea for a young prince to be watching this?" I asked and he smirked "For a young prince to take on the throne someday, yes it is, my love" he answers as me and Ankhesenamun sat on either sides of Tutankhamun while I held Kaizer.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Suhad smirking at Tutankhamun but I shrugged that out my shoulders.

After the celebration, I cradled Kaizer to sleep and kissed his forehead softly. My little prince.....

I was rudely disturbed watching his sleeping form when a throat being cleared startled me, I whipped behind me "oh, it's you" I stated not in the mood to face what he was going to say "What do you want?"

"You" he stated and i rolled my eyes "excuse me?" I asked "You and I both know that Tutankhamun does not love you. He's just using you" Smenkhkare says to me and I golden my arms raising my brows "Using me? I've heard that one before" I rolled my eyes "you really think Tutankhamun cares about you? In his eyes you're just a foreigner that succeeded in giving him a heir, now he'll just move on from you as his concubine" he states.

Is that true? Pharaoh's have concubines but if I become one of Tutankhamun's?

"Did you see the way he looked at Suhad at the Night's meal? He's going to take her as his wife and forget you" he states with a sickening smirk "he won't" I say and he comes closer "oh he will. And when that happens you'll come to me. I suggest you come to me early as I am the true Pharaoh of this dynasty and become my queen" he says as he was inches from me "I will never leave him and he will never leave me" I stated "oh really?" He asks and pinned his lips on mine, I try fighting him off but his hands grab my wrists then we heard the door open, revealing Tutankhamun

"Tutankhamun, it's not what it looks like....." I say when I pulled away "Brother, you must believe me. She kissed me on her own will." Smenkhkare says "Tutankhamun don't listen to him, please.....you have to believe me..." I say coming closer to him. He wore a stern face as his voice broke "You have betrayed me......" He stated and i shook my head, holding his hands in mine and he roughly took them away "Leave me!!!" He boomed at me. The last time I saw him this angry at me was when we met. He walked away as a tear escaped my eyes.

What have I done?

Tutankhamun

I can not believe she did that. With my own brother, my blood. How could she? I have trusted her and she broke it like it was nothing. I have her my love and she tore it apart like it was nothing. I have never given love to anyone ever like I did with her and she betrayed me. How could she?

Catori

A few days past and Tutankhamun has not said a word to me. Just endless glares and it pierced into my heart that I would rather die then live like this.

Before I met him, I never believed in love. To me, love was like living in fear of losing each other and you would end up dead, just like Romeo and Juliet. Right now, I'd rather die than to face Tutankhamun's death glares, Ankhesenamun doesn't even know if she should trust me anymore "are you happy?" I hear behind me and I turned seeing Suhad "You've broken the Pharaoh's heart, he cannot focus or rule because of you" she hissed at me "Foreigners could never be trusted. Now look what you have done to our country" she says in disgust before leaving me by the lake at night. Tears poured down my tan cheeks. I wasn't ready to face anymore lectures from them all so I just left walking through the sleeping town, the whole time, tears pouring down my cheeks.

I found myself on the cliff me and Tutankhamun first kissed. I sat, my feet dangling. I finally choked out a sob, letting myself cry for the very first time being here. I cried not knowing exactly why but I did. My life is just unfair.

I lost all my family, I don't even know if my siblings are even alive. I fell deeply in love with a Pharaoh. He probably hates me and I'm supposed to save his life. How am I to save one's life if they hate me??

After calming down, I went back to the palace.

Ankhesenamun

A few weeks past when Tutankhamun told me about the incident of Smenkhkare and my friend, Catori. I do not know if I should trust her anymore. This is exactly what I feared. For my brother's heart to be broken by someone else.

Catori

"Why have I been brought here?" I here Suhad say as I heard feet walking on the marble floors. I quickly hid behind the wall "Because I intend to make you my wife" I hear Tutankhamun say and I furrowed my brows "You have a wife, a Queen" she answers "Who has broken my heart" those words pierced my heart "And don't I have a say in being made your wife?" She asks and they both chuckled.

"I know this will be difficult at first.....but you have healed more than just my wounds" I hear him say "you are here because I want you with me" he says "Even though I'm part Matanni?" Suhad asks "It does not matter, you're an Egyptian as well" he answers without hesitation "That's not how others will see me. Out there we were neither" Suhad says "Suhad, I am bound to my life here, my custom, my people, my duty and yes....the queen" he answers "I want to give you this world but I will not force you to take it" he finished

"Didn't I tell you?" I hear behind me and i saw Smenkhkare. Looking back at Tutankhamun, I saw him hugging Suhad and kissing her forehead "He does not love you" Smenkhkare says behind me. I rushed away from the halls and went to my old chambers "OUT!!!! ALL OF YOU!!!" i shout at my chamber maids and they quickly scurried off, I make sure to close the large double doors. Then I rushed to my closet, roughly taking all the dresses out. I saw my clothes that I arrived with at first, I searched my jeans and found my phone.

I opened the password and went to my messages, I saw tones of messages from my mom and dad. I quickly went to dial my dad, it rang. It rang. It rang.

Dang it!

I tried so many times but it just went to voicemail. Tears brimming down my eyes and the only thing I had in mind was closing myself in the closet and listening to music in my phone as tries calming myself.......

Was Smenkhkare right? Is Tutankhamun really leaving me? Is he really leaving me for Suhad? After calming down, I put my things as they were and got out the closet, I put the dresses back and gave up. 'Save an innocent soul' my mind rang. I rolled myself into a ball and cried myself to sleep.