Different emotions

Mahi bhai couldn't concentrate on the practice session. His mind was stuck in captain word?!

Rohit was feeling the same. He wasn't in playing 11 of the test team so he could take off from the practice session.

Jinks- why did you take off

Rohit told everything about virat to him.

Rohit- let's talk to him Jinks

Jinks- we'll definitely talk but after today's match!

Rohit- par kyu?

Jinks- we shouldn't shake him emotionally now, it would not help him. Let him stay calm, behave as if nothing has happened. Make him comfortable. We'll talk to him by tonight

Rohit- hmm

Jinks- he'll be fine ro

Rohit- if you say so jinks

The match started at 9.

India batted till lunch and declared at the score of 570/8.

The bowling attack was lethal. But what Jinks saw on field told him that the situation were not as simple as he is thinking.

Virat was someone who always would be with MS talking about the bowling changes or different field placement. But today he was not involving himself in the talks. He was standing in long-off or long on.

The fields were changing accordingly. Now virat Jinks were in slip.

Mahi- Jinks forth slip, cheeku second slip.

Jinks- ji bhai

Virat was silent.

Tamim Iqbal was batting, while ball was with jaddu.

The first 3 balls were hit through the mid wicket to boundry.

The 4th ball came in between 2nd and 4th slip. But virat dived to it and caught the ball injuring his fingers.

The team patted his back, ruffled his hairs. But Mahi bhai called the physio.

Mahi- jaab chot kaam ho tabhi batana chahiye, agar ghaw bada hogaya tho mushibat hogi!

Virat didn't make an eye contact with mahi bhai. The physio told that it was nothing serious.

Next ball was a short ball on the middle stump and was caught Behind by MS.

MS had to jump all the way up to catch it, the difficult catch was made easy by him.

Jinks, ash and Raina jumped on mahi bhai. Virat hugged jaddu patting his head, he just smiled at mahi bhai.

This was a little shocking for the team. Virat should have jumped over mahi bhai screaming
"come on or f*** off"🤣.

But he didn't!

Mahi bhai made sure his emotions doesn't effect the game, even though he was badly hurt by virat's behaviour.

Rohit who was watching all this was now fed up with things.

Virat not clinging to mahi bhai, not calling him as bhai, not jumping around him whining about the field placement!!! Where is the world heading to?!

Mushfiqur Rahman came to bat.
He was playing brilliantly.

Mahi bhai tried many ways to get him out but wasn't happening.