Palace Tradition

Sitting on Randy's bed, Emerald pounder how to start the conversation.

Randy took a Chair and sit down elegantly with a crossed leg waiting for the Princess to start talking.

The two 'guards' are outside waiting for the princess.

"Is it true?" She started.

"Context,please."
Randy said yawning exaggeratedly.

Emerald pouts.
"That the princes will have to be k-killed?"

"Huh?"

"I--I talk to Yosef this morning and he is shaken. He..He said he investigat---"

"Calm down."

Emerald took a deep breath.
"He said that after the crown prince been appointed as the New King, all the princes will all be killed." Emerald said and gulps.

Randy looks at her as if she is being ridiculous.
"What?"

"What what? I also feel it is strange. No former prince become a military general, no former princes managed feudal lands and become lords. I barely heard anything after they went out of the kingdom."

"It is because they changed their names and now living wealthily somewhere else." Randy said.

"Yes. It only means they are killed!" Emerald shouted.

"What?" Randy.

"Huh?" Emerald.

"I see. Now I understand why that kid is being frantic about being a King."
Randy sighs.

"Why would they changed their names and leave like a commoner? That doesn't make any sense!" Emerald shakes her head.

"Because they can't stay in the palace anymore. Everyone except the King and his harem can stay in the palace. If they don't...they will be oppressed, better leave far away from life worse than death, right?"
Randy smiles.

"Why? It feels like they are trying to hide something. Something only the princes will know." Emerald said as she bows and think.
She failed to notice Randy's eyes shining elegantly as he looks at her.

"Randy, is it safe to say that...Not all the missing princes are dead?"

"They have all the right to choose. Death or freedom. I have no reason to know how many chooses death."

Emerald looks up and see Randy looking at the moon outside his window glass.

"How do you know these? It is a mystery that only the royal family should know,right?" Emerald tilts her head.

"I told you..I have that strange power to let someone be the King. Knowing that tradition is a piece of cake."

Emerald nods.
"I see. So..Not being the King is not guaranteed death. Thanks Randy. I feel more at eased." Emerald smiles happily.

Randy yawns.
"I am sleepy. Leave."

"Yes. Thanks. I...I am really happy that you...That you always knows the answer to my questions. Like a living google."

"Goggle?"
Randy frowns.

Emerald laughs.
"Nothing. Good night, Randy."

"Good night, Princess." Randy smiles.

Emerald was escorted by her two 'guards' after checking that she is alright.

.
.
.
.
Step
Step

Romeo is sleeping soundly in his chamber.
Beside him is the naked Queen also sleeping soundly.

A gust of wind made the thick quilt covering the two naked adult fly on the farthest corner of the room.

Romeo flinched and grabbed the sword on his bedside like a trained soldier but the sword on his neck is faster.

The Queen shriek but suddenly her voice disappear. She is still shrieking but only she can hear herself.

The King felt the cold sword on his neck and slowly looks up.
The first he saw is the blue eyes that is looking more like a color of death than a calm water at this moment.

"Y-your...Your Majesty..." Romeo is shaking. He remember when this man flipped in his birthday party. But since he hears nothing more from him, he thought he already forget about it and become at eased.

The king looks at the Queen who is not moving but looks like saying so many words but nobody can hear her.

"She can't see my appearance. She can't hear me too. It is just you."
Randy smiles.

"Y-your Majesty, I-If you feel disat-disatisfied at me, I..I will try to change it..." Romeo will beg and kowtow if he can but the cold sword in his neck is making it hard to even swallow.

"I want you to change something."

"Yes. Yes."
He hurriedly shouted.

"The tradition of every princes who can't ascend will have to die."

Romeo's eyes widen.
"But! You are the one who made that law!"

"Shut up!"

"Y-yes."

Randy smiles.
"Let's make it like this. They will be given a choice. If they want to die or live the life of a commoner. If they choose that they will change their name and be given a large amount of money to start living the life away from the palace."

"......"

Randy smirks.
"Unsatisfied?"

"N-no.It's just. Why are you suddenly being generous?"

"Why not? Larksen doesn't lack money not like others thought."

"But you are the one who manage the money..."

Randy raised a brow.
"I am the one who earned them, so I have the right to spend it however I want. Remember to change the tradition from now on." Randy said and put his sword back to its scabbard but a small sliced mark is bleeding in Romeo's neck. He ignores such a small wound, though.

"What if the prince did become a commoner but he still wants to ascend after leaving the palace?"

"All traces of the former princes...Didn't be all burn them down unable to tell if they even exist from the beginning?" Randy shakes his head.

He finally left.
The Queen is already unconscious from screaming on top of her lungs.
Romeo is still awake.
He is grinding his teeth in anger.
He was the former prince, he begs Randy to let his younger brother to lived. He asked him and kowtow.
But Randy is a selfish man who doesn't care.

'So just make him the King and die in his stead.' He said nonchalantly.

Though he loved his little brother, he loves himself more.
He watched his beloved little brother died, no, killed.
By the poison he offered to him, himself.

All his siblings died that day.

"Why...." he angrily clenched his fist.
"If he will change it anyways, why didn't he allow my brother to live? It's like he is mocking me. That bastard!"

Angry, fatigue and anguish.
The King fell asleep as his face twitch in madness.