It's so Easy

Mack is a respected professor in the kingdom.
He is the youngest brother of Froilan.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"These are almost the same as the symbols those witches created." Mack said.

Froilan looks at him.
"These are cursed symbol then?"

"Actually, there is no evidence that it is cursed. I heard that in the past, those people that teaches these symbols all created strange things out of this world and that is why they was branded as cursed witches or wizards."
Mack said and put the paper down.
"The organization tries to create symbols unlike the witches abd wizards but it is not well received because of their complex style. Yet these symbols are plain, easy to memorize and recreate..." Mack sighs.

"Then why not use it?"
Froilan asks.
He frowns thinking it is too old fashion to stick to the past.

"If we do...then the association will be force to apologize to the witches and wizard and claim that they were falsely accused and blame. It doesn't matter to me as a new generation leader but the old fools will not allow it."

"......That is why there are no progress in our country." Froilan looks at Mack. "You are Fausto. Do not be someone who doesn't know what's good for them."

Mack frowns.
"Do not push too much pressure on me. You think I am enjoying my life right now?" Mack sighs.
"Anyways, who recreate this symbols? I remember the old fools burn the text and symbols that the witches created long ago."

"The one I swore my allegiance, Princess Emerald."

Mack looks shock at his oldest brother.
"Oh..I never heard of her before."

"She is the youngest princess."

"Isn't it Princess Sapphire?"

Froilan stares at Mack.
"Did the association dull your brain? I said she is the youngest and you still talk about Princess Sapphire?"

"W-why are you getting mad? I am just asking cause I don't know her."
Mack pouts.

Froilan stands up.
"Do something about those symbols. If it will help our kingdom, even if those fool kneel and kowtow to the witches, I don't care."

Mack smiles as he watches his brother leave..
"I haven't seen him so interested in something. How about we meet this girl?"
He said smiling.

***

"You are already that good in subtraction but once in a while you still are making minor mistakes. It is fine. Just keep doing it. Here is some exercises I made for you. 100 easy substraction question for 50 minutes."

"Okay."

The other soldiers look at Alvin as he seriously answer those questions.

One soldier came to Emerald.

"Princess, actually...I want to learn from you too."
The man said shyly.

"Oh?" Emerald blinks.
"What makes you interested?"

"The night before...My son is counting on his finger and I thought it is fun. But when my son answer questions even I do not know how to answer so...I want to learn the basic four."

Emerald called the four basic mathematical operation as basic four in math...For her own convenience.

"That is fine. 30 copper for two hours of tutoring. Sometimes you will have to bring questions at home and memorize. It also need focus and determination. But its all worthy in the end."

"T-thank you. Will I start tomorrow?"

"Yes. I have this symbols for you to memorize."

"Yes. Thank you."