Get Together

C H A P T E R 6 YEONJUN'S POV

C H A P T E R 6
YEONJUN'S POV

We finally arrived at the College Get Together party. Soobin and I parted ways since we didn't have the same course.

I went to the multimedia arts room, and I already knew that our course will win the Best CGT Decoration awards again. I mean what can I say? We are Multi-Media Arts students.

There was a Video playing on the big screen, showing all the fun and benefits of a Multi-Media Arts student.

I smiled while greeting every single person that I encounter.

I went to the long table where the drinks and food were.

"Eyow Yeonjun!" It was Jungkook hyung.

I forgot he's one of the bartenders because he's a graduating student. Graduating students become bartenders and waiters/waitresses at CGT.

"Looking good with that uniform hyung," I said to tease him.

He punched me lightly on my arm, and both of us laughed.

"Have you seen Lisa?" He asked.

"No. Oh, there she is," I said and pointed to Lisa, who's serving food and drinks to freshmen students.

Those boys are probably asking for her number right now because she's not going to stand there, for almost thirty seconds without a reason.

Then Bambam came to rescue Lisa there. As always.

I looked at Jungkook hyung, and he looked sad while looking at the two.

"Still hopeless huh?" I asked him.

He handed me out the drink he made. He sighed and gave me melancholic smile.

"First love never dies indeed. Too bad I'm not her first love," He said.

Lisa is Jungkook hyung's first love. I always thought he was coldhearted, but Lisa came, and that changed. Too bad he was friend-zoned.

"That's okay hyung. There are a lot of girls out there. Like Rosé noona," I said.

"Stupid. Jimin hyung's courting her, don't you know?" He flicked my forehead, and I immediately scratched it to lessen the pain.

"Speaking of hyung, they told me you have a new crush here?" He asked.

I coughed when he said crush. Aigoo Jimin hyung is very talkative with these things.

"I just find her... interesting, that's all," I said.

"Stop lying." He took my drink.

"Who is it?" He asked.

"Hwang Yeji," I whispered.

"Holy—are you serious? Yeji? We know each other! And she's also a Multi-Media Arts student," He shouted, and I immediately covered his mouth after saying that.

"She's at table 7 with her friends. You should go and see her."

I nodded and looked around to see where the hell was that table 7 is.

Found her. Wait, what? She's alone sitting there? Her friends left her? What the hell? It's not safe. Even though we're on school grounds, the school authorities are not responsible for what's going to happen at this party. The student government is, and they don't give a shit about what will happen here.

Goodness, she needs company. Am I eligible for that? I mean we did meet earlier, but we barely talked! But she knows my name, but I only talked—oh forget it, she needs someone right now.

I sat beside her. She's sitting alone, slumped down. Her pigtails covering her face. She noticed that I came, so she looked up at me. Her eyes were looking tired. She gave me a drunken smile and bowed to me.

"Hello sunbaenim," senior. She said.

Oh, fuck. She is drunk! Seriously why would her friends leave her here while she's drunk? Are they stupid? Or are they even her friends?

She spreads her arms, then hugged herself. What the hell is she doing—okay, Yeonjun, please understand that she's drunk.

"Yeji, you have to go back to your dorm," I said.

"Aniyo!" No! She shouted.

"Yeji you're—" She shuts me by putting her index finger on my mouth. I then suddenly felt my whole body heating up.

She removed her finger and covered her mouth to giggle. I sighed and looked as if someone's looking at us. When I saw that nobody cared at all, I carried her in bridal style and left the party.

I didn't expect her to be as light as I thought she was.

When we got away, I put her down. She sat down on the ground, spreading her legs. I immediately looked away since she was wearing a miniskirt.

"I didn't want to leave that party!" She whined.

"You're fucking drunk!" I shouted back.

"I'm nottt! And if I waszzz I don't careee!" She said in between hiccups.

"Why would you rather guys hit on you?" I asked, forgetting that she's drunk.

"No...I wanted to release all the pain there!" Pain? Is she emotionally in pain?

"Drinking loads of alcohol is not the fucking solution," I said.

I helped her to get up, and she has walked away. Swaying side to side, making it very obvious that she's drunk. I was just there behind her because she didn't want me to be near her. The students walking past her were making her a laughing stock.

She swayed once again to the right, and she tripped. Luckily, I was fast enough to save her from falling on the floor.

I looked at her, and I saw that tears were falling non-stop on her cheeks. I help her stood up once again.

She cried even more. "Why am I so stupid?!" She screamed.

Woah...

"I gave him everything! My whole life! Because I loved him more than anything else!" She screamed even more.

Oh, she's heartbroken. That's fucked up.

"But he cheated..." Oh, that is fucked up.

"The guy's a—" I was shocked when she pulled my shirt using both of her hands.

She was looking up at me with her watery eyes.

"Tell me...do I...deserve to be...cheated on?" She asked in between sobs.

Her question and face hit me like it was a big school bus. So this...is what the girls I played on felt...